PDA

View Full Version : Idle problem revs wont drop cold or hot

Niterider
14-02-13, 08:01 AM
Hi guys can anyone help me? my idle was dropping to the point when it stalled now i have cleaned the idle control valve and the problem has reversed itself no it dont cut out but when your cruising and want to slow down the revs are sticking at 2000-2500 and the only way i can get the idle back to normal is by giving the accelerator a little kick down then its fine it doesnt happen all the time but most of and its starting to annoy me as i hate being stationary at the lights with the engine revving its head off:mad:
Any ideas
cheers
Andy

peterzs
14-02-13, 09:03 AM
If you do a "search" in the box at the top comes up with some past threads.

http://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=17753&highlight=idle+problems

Might help. or give you something to look at.

Hope its an easy sort.

ZS
14-02-13, 09:19 AM
Adding to that other thread...

I was having a similar issue with sticking revs, some WD40 (well GT85) on the Throttle body springs (where the throttle cable attaches) and then on the pivots of the butterfly within the throttle body itself sorted the issue for me.

I think in my case the De-greasing properties of the WD40 cleaned up the various areas and stopped them sticking... Might help I guess :)

petet16
14-02-13, 09:46 AM
The throttle cable might need adjusting, either too loose, or too tight can cause similar problems to the one your having.

Niterider
27-02-13, 05:03 AM
Hi guys thanks for the response to my plea, just an update on the problem it seemed the throttle cable was a little to over adjusted as ive adjusted the cable again so i have a little play at the throttle body and she is behaving herself again and is now fine and she passed her mot so im happy :-)

P.s she maybe up for sale in the near future as im going to buy myself a scooby wrx sti
If interested pm me.