PDA

View Full Version : Started the zed today

stamford
17-02-13, 05:08 PM
It's been off the road since November and untouched and unloved. So seeing the sun was shining I thought why not! So battery was ready charged, removed the fuel pump relays and cranked it over until the oil light went out, popped the relays back in and it sprang into life on the button. I forgot how sweet it sounded! :D Brakes were a little stuck but they soon let go when I rolled it back and forward.

Surprisingly it was still pretty clean since when I last washed it, except for the wheels which are mud splattered from the rain lately.

Just got a dilemma whether I can justify taxing it before our holiday or leave it until after :hmmm: MOT is due beginning of April as well. I really want to do the PoL this time.

Also started refurbing my spare alloys, BK299s in 17s, were matt black, looked naff. Sprayed one white but thought nah looks too much hard work keeping them clean, been there before. So sprayed another with some gunmetal type, I had bought a couple of cans to refurb the Discovery alloys but never got around to it. Looks darned good, so think they will all get that colour finish now.

Roll on sunny days, no rain and long daylight hours! :yes:

daytona365
17-02-13, 05:17 PM
You know you want to to do POL.........It would look great amongst all the others..

Dan1971
17-02-13, 05:32 PM
Good man ... must admit I was getting worried. ;)

paulzs180
17-02-13, 07:02 PM
do POL dude I am :)

peterzs
17-02-13, 07:27 PM
By the sound of it the car wants to get up and go.

Started on the button, what more can it do to convince you??????????

stamford
17-02-13, 07:28 PM
The trouble is the MOT expires before then and I need to buy 4 new tyres. I may have to finish refurbing the 17s and get a few part worns to tide me over until after the holiday. Then I can get a set of new 18s.

peterzs
17-02-13, 07:47 PM
Thats the trouble all comes at once.

daytona365
17-02-13, 08:01 PM
The car is crying out to go home to its birthplace.................