PDA

View Full Version : Lego!

DuckFeet
25-02-13, 02:05 PM
Just the basic bricks for building houses and such. About 3 or 4kg required, any colour, loan or buy please.

Steven11
25-02-13, 02:10 PM
Im intrigued, do elaborate ?

Witnes$
25-02-13, 02:39 PM
Why Sam? Do tell.

DuckFeet
25-02-13, 03:20 PM
I'M BUILDING SOMETHING

You'll see it in a couple of weeks if I get it made ;)

edit: that comment at Wit. It's a wedding thing. I suppose I'll have to post it here too now that Steven has shown interest. I require more lego first though!

M17TT180
25-02-13, 04:36 PM
I have a big box but its not just bricks there are all sorts in there. Don't really want to split it tho, and the price of lego is quite high at the mo.

DuckFeet
25-02-13, 05:29 PM
Name a price / weight / ration of bricks:other if you are willing to part with it please! Even temporarily, for a fee...

Witnes$
25-02-13, 06:34 PM
Interesting. If I had some mate I'd get it to you what little I do have wont help. Quickest way would be to get on eBay, you should be able to pick some up local to you.

DuckFeet
05-03-13, 07:37 PM
Sorted! Pic to follow. I had enough after the missus bought me some, loads more colours than the old stuff I was using.

petet16
05-03-13, 07:42 PM
This thread is useless without pics:laugh:

peterzs
06-03-13, 09:56 AM
Last time I used Lego (thats apart from playing with the grand kids) was on a team building session.

We were split into groups, I was the team leader, were told that it was all a bit of fun, but the instructors were there taking notes and writing in their little pads.

Object of this test was to build the tallest free standing tower, had to give the finished height, number of parts used.

Any one else ever gets this, the best answer was one brick on top of the other and about 6 foot high. We built one going up with 4 pillars, then a base and then 4 more pillars, etc. Very safe and sturdy and we were close to our estimates.

Still, better than having to do a assault course for the bonding bit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:icecream::icecream::icecream:

M17TT180
06-03-13, 10:16 AM
Last time I used Lego (thats apart from playing with the grand kids) was on a team building session.

We were split into groups, I was the team leader, were told that it was all a bit of fun, but the instructors were there taking notes and writing in their little pads.

Object of this test was to build the tallest free standing tower, had to give the finished height, number of parts used.

Any one else ever gets this, the best answer was one brick on top of the other and about 6 foot high. We built one going up with 4 pillars, then a base and then 4 more pillars, etc. Very safe and sturdy and we were close to our estimates.

Still, better than having to do a assault course for the bonding bit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:icecream::icecream::icecream:

Closest to that was on the prince's trust course we had to build the largest free standing tower to support an egg, from newspaper. Best way was to roll newspaper into lengths and build like scaffold. Also had to drop an egg from a height without it breaking lol was quite fun.

DuckFeet
15-03-13, 01:08 PM
Wedding card box, did ok!

http://i645.photobucket.com/albums/uu178/DuckFeetOi/IMAG0023_zps037d9368.jpg

Craig-ZS180
15-03-13, 01:44 PM
I like it, bet that weighs a fair bit.. Well done :)