PDA

View Full Version : 53 plate MK2 ZS's

Mathew_ZS
26-02-13, 12:12 PM
I own a 53 plate XPG MG ZS with the 180 arches etc, its been questioned by others due to the age but lately i have seen an increasing amount of 53 plate MK2s coming up for sale or popping up onto forums/facebook pages.

Heres a link to the most recent one on ebay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MG-ZS-180-Hatchback-5-Door-Vary-Rare-/300867389092?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item460d1806a4

I do believe that they are all genuine cars as i can't see there being that many people out there doing MK2 conversions due to cost of all the relevant parts etc.

stamford
26-02-13, 12:17 PM
In the ad it states registered in 2005, so it could be a 54 or an 05 plate. Seeing that it has a 53 plate tells me it may be a bought private plate and not a year it was registered plate.

Mathew_ZS
26-02-13, 12:21 PM
In the ad it states registered in 2005, so it could be a 54 or an 05 plate. Seeing that it has a 53 plate tells me it may be a bought private plate and not a year it was registered plate.

Dosen't seem to be a private plate as the add says..

"Although the car is on a 53 plate she was first registered in 2005 as is on the registration documents so she is under 8 years old"

confusing bit of information that, i do believe there to be a select amount of 53 plate MK2's which could have been, demonstration vehicles, press cars or even managing directors cars.

I say possibly an MD's car as i recently went upto the MG sales center in Longbridge to look at some MG6's and the sales rep showed me around a fully loaded one which was a directors car..turned out it was only for sale as the director managed to get a diesel MG6 way before its release, may well be the case with the older MG/R cars.

petet16
26-02-13, 12:38 PM
It was "imported" in April 2005, which coincides with MGR going under, I would say that it's a very early mk2 which dvla issued with a plate to match the build date, age related I think is the term they use