PDA

View Full Version : Any problems with hatch extreme spoilers and car washes?

Skillen
27-02-13, 02:13 PM
There is tales of zr's having spoilers ripped off by them.

I don't have any time this week to do it so want to quickly keep the road crud off the car.
Thanks

Steven11
27-02-13, 02:22 PM
Take it for a hand wash or leave it dirty. I would never put my Zed through a car wash

R8NMG
27-02-13, 02:23 PM
I wouldn't want to risk it.

I'm sure I read on the other MG forum that someone used to run one of those Arc car wash and he put his saloon with extreme spoiler through his own car wash with no issue. That was because he made adjustment settings to the car wash so it wouldn't rip the spoiler off.

Skillen
27-02-13, 02:24 PM
Take it for a hand wash or leave it dirty. I would never put my Zed through a car wash

I don't like dirty! And we don't seem to have hand washes in Cumbria!
Only one and ATM I'm 30. Miles from it! Haha!
I never have before but just as a stop gap.

Steven11
27-02-13, 02:27 PM
And keep in mind if you have built up a nice layer of polish on the car the TFR they use in thoes car washes will stripp it all back off !

Skillen
27-02-13, 02:33 PM
And keep in mind if you have built up a nice layer of polish on the car the TFR they use in thoes car washes will stripp it all back off !

I think it'll be nicely thin now lol! Haven't waxed it all winter I'm afraid, only washed it.

Steven11
27-02-13, 02:35 PM
Poor Zed :slap:

Skillen
27-02-13, 02:42 PM
Poor Zed :slap:

I know I just haven't had the time with having three jobs!
All the stuff is there with a DA polisher for the warmer longer days.

It had two go's at it before winter though.

Skillen
27-02-13, 02:58 PM
All went well! Looks pretty good! And it also got and under chassis wash haha! Got clean hidden bits now!

But to all those self washers, I will give it a proper going over myself when I stop seeing people privately and get some me time back!

Craig-ZS180
27-02-13, 03:00 PM
I'll join you with that, as much as I love the car looking its best I cant warrant being out there for hours washing and waxing the car when have two young children that I get very little time with anyway due to work.
Mine hasnt had a polish since November I think was its last little go over with the polish and wax that is. Do wash it weekly by hand though and is still nice and smooth to touch when clean though.

Steven11
27-02-13, 03:21 PM
Managed to get my pride and joy washed, tar and glued, and polished at the weekend, wee man was at his grans and the Mrs was at work so i had piece to do it. Looked so good afterwards i treated her to a full tank.

Steves Cleenz
01-03-13, 11:03 PM
ive taken my typhoon through the car wash and my van PMSL!!

M17TT180
01-03-13, 11:37 PM
My car doesn't like being whipped by a cat o' 10,000 tails, however it does like the delicate hands of the local polish lads lol

Skillen
02-03-13, 05:06 PM
Managed to find some time this afternoon!

Gave it its first proper clean today.
Glad I got the car wash at it earlier in the week it made my life easier!
Got the tar remover out - big mistake!
Worst thing for bringing out OCD tendencies!

Four hours later, still removing tar deposits!
Then took the dealer badge off the back while I was at it.

Then:
Snow foam - agitate - pressure wash - snow foam - leave - rinse - body shampoo and elbow grease - micro fibre dried.

Left absolutely no time to polish it!
Multi-stage polish next week I think!
Thorough wash - dry- Meguiares Ultimate Compound- wash off - Meguiars Ultimate Polish - a couple of goes round with that then last but not least - two or three coats of G3 Professional Resin Superwax.

Got my work cut out for myself!

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh142/cskil/photo_zps1389b376.jpg
Today's efforts aren't too bad considering a lack of polish and wax!

Dave
02-03-13, 06:55 PM
Chucked mine through the local ARC car wash, everything stayed in place.

Considering the car wash had a 99p special offer, it was hard to refuse!!!!

Cheers
Dave

Skillen
02-03-13, 07:03 PM
Chucked mine through the local ARC car wash, everything stayed in place.

Considering the car wash had a 99p special offer, it was hard to refuse!!!!

Cheers
Dave

I went through the arc one, it was £5 for pre-wash/ wash and wax and under chassis wash 5 minute job.
Came out alright! Not bad tbh when you pay £5 for the polish lads.