PDA

View Full Version : Front windscreen

bowthruster
28-02-13, 07:43 PM
Well i took the zs up to the mot centre today just for them to look at my chip on the screen,and.......yes its a failure!! Just my luck .anyway 1st quote for new £145 plus vat,2nd one £120 cash,havent tried any of the big companies,ie autoglass etc as i reacon they'll be expensive.Does 120 seem a good price for the front screen?

mrmick
28-02-13, 07:49 PM
I paid 95 quid for mine all in thats off a company in Nottinghamshire and with a green top tint so 120 aint out the way

Nor
28-02-13, 07:49 PM
Usually you can do it through your insurance (without affecting your NCB) and it costs £60-£100.

Cally180
28-02-13, 08:01 PM
I mind I had to get one for a mk2 Astra that I had and the first quote was like £225 and after a few random calls I think it was national windscreens or something that done it for about £110.

bowthruster
28-02-13, 08:12 PM
Thanks for the info,i think i'll ring a couple more than thats it.Cant claim on my insur,as even though it f/comp no w/screen cover

Enright
28-02-13, 09:30 PM
When you say "a chip", Autoglass may be able to repair it for sbout £50 - it's worth asking before the chip develops into a crack.
I had to have about 3 separate repairs done on my screen just after I bought the car - the repairs made the damage almost invisible and I haven't even had any advisories on the MoT's since.
But I had a rock hit my screen yesterday on the M1 that may have finished it off. Smacked it with a right loud whack right in front of me that made me duck! Now there's a centimetre plus spider right in my eyeline.
However what I may do is see if the local Rover Breaker ever sells screens, then just take it to a local garage to have it fitted. I did that for my other half's 206CC and it cost £50 plus £35 for removal of the old & fitting of the new screen.