PDA

View Full Version : A sad day for me :(

S7000EY
01-03-13, 07:09 AM
sadly got to say my car has gone to a better place, got woke up this morning at 4.30am by a big bang and my car alarm going off, quickly pulled on some clothes and ran outside, my car was around 25feet further down the road from where i left it and there was a honda jazz sitting sideways in the middle of the road, the elderly man was just standing there in shock, i got the police and an ambulance as he was def so i couldnt tell if he was injured, got to say i sympathise with him as he was on the way home from hospital where his wife had passed away less than an hour earlyer. cars are recovered but mine isnt saveable. heres a few pics of the damage but pics dont do it justice, all the doors apart from the front passanger are wedged shut from the impact.

Suppose its just metal at the end of the day tho eh

http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/555264_2865673136318_735956260_n.jpg
http://sphotos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/559742_2865674936363_1585286679_n.jpg

scotttait
01-03-13, 07:25 AM
Ouch, sorry to hear that. Would hate to lose my zed. Although I'd hate to loser wife more so feel really bad for the old gent. I hope insurance give you a decent payout.

Enright
01-03-13, 07:25 AM
That is really sad. What a mess.
And that poor old guy - I hope he's got a decent family around him to help him through it.
I know it sounds daft, but watch out for your premium going up - yes really.
When I got hit in my last Zed, even though I made a full recovery and the other guy got charged for Driving Without Due Care & Attention, just for the fact that I'd made a claim they increased my premium by £50.
Not saying the same would definitely happen to you, but just something to watch out and prepare your arguments for come renewal time.
Also, hope you managed to get all your belongings out of the car before it was recovered.

stamford
01-03-13, 07:26 AM
Holy crap he thumped that hard! So sorry to hear of this and a good job no-one else was involved or injured. You can't help but feel for the old fella, he must have been so out of it at that time of the morning and his mind elsewhere. He should have been driven home by a friend or relative.

BUCKYDEVIL
01-03-13, 07:36 AM
That's a sad tale with the old fella who clearly shoulda had someone to take him home.
Hope old fella aint too shook up by the accident, and wish him well in time of grief
as for your ZS yip it's well n truely pumped- buy another..

Witnes$
01-03-13, 08:04 AM
Really really sad tale if events. That old boy you can't but feel sympathy for him despite your car being wacked.

Hope everything goes through smoothly with the insurance, you get a decent payoff and get another nice zed.

Dan1971
01-03-13, 08:10 AM
Very sad story .....

Get as much off that car as you can mate before it gets crushed ....

Maxfly
01-03-13, 08:12 AM
Aye, feel terrible for the old fella really cant imagine how he will be feeling..hopefully his family and friends will be round him giving support.
hope everything goes as smoothly as possible for yourself with the insurers etc:)

Alan.F
01-03-13, 08:23 AM
sorry to see this end for a cracking motor, these cars are designed to do this its all part of the "crumple zone" to minimize injuries, mine di the same

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b259/FatGit/My%20Cars/Car4.jpg

grimmy
01-03-13, 09:36 AM
What a sad story and shame about the car.can only feel for the old guy I hope he is okay and like others have said I hope he has a close family to help him through his tough time.its not going to get any easier on him with the aftermath of the accident hanging over his head as well as the passing of his wife.

ZRed
01-03-13, 09:50 AM
Sad story :(

A car is a car though mate. Replace and upgrade.

Smokey
01-03-13, 10:11 AM
Very sad story all round. Not good news.

Steven11
01-03-13, 10:34 AM
Thats a properly sad story, really hope everyone was ok. Poor wee man sould have never been driving after that kind of news. And am sorry about your Zed, looked like a nice example.

Stephen
01-03-13, 11:08 AM
Gutted for yah mate. Was a gorgeous 45!! Esp with the zs bits on it! :(

peterzs
01-03-13, 12:46 PM
Shame all round, why he was allowed to drive beggars belief.

Hope the insurance company sorts it out quickly and you get a good settlement.

petet16
01-03-13, 01:09 PM
That is a sad turn of events, it would of been better for a relative, if available to have driven the fella home after all that happening.

p_b82
01-03-13, 02:42 PM
Sad day all around - glad no one was hurt...

ian zs180
01-03-13, 03:09 PM
Sad story that you gotta feel for the old chap but also for your poor zed but you can always get another . Hope it all gets sorted out quickly for ya mate

KevG
01-03-13, 05:43 PM
Yeah, feel a bit sorry for the old git, but like folk have said earlier, he should have been driven home by somebody else, but on the other hand, it is a god send as you have been trying to offload the car for ages without success.

I'll buy an alloy from you if you can get to the salvage yard to get bits off it ie Stereo etc.

Rossy
01-03-13, 06:41 PM
A sad story right enough but you can always find another zed but the old fella will not be able to replace his soul mate, knew of a similar circumstance to this and the chap never drove again and he wrote a tear jerk-er of a letter to my cousin apologizing and how sorry he was for the damage to his car , car was written off ,and cousin got a good deal but only to hear from the police the old chap had died 3 weeks later .... sad but cars can be sorted or replaced but people can suffer in many ways ..hope all goes well for you ...

zsserbia
01-03-13, 10:48 PM
I'm gutted to hear this. Sometimes these kind of situations stand in our path, tempting us to find a nice person within ourselves. Weather it was your's or not, it's only a car, certailnly replaceable.

Compassion for the poor old man will certainly let you have an even better car you deserve, but his loss is irrecoverable.

First thing I did when I found out I was about to loose my mother was hitting a lamp post when reversing. It just wasn't there before I hit it. I never felt sorry for the car. But this had put me back together as if someone had slapped me and I drove home safely.

As said, good thing no one was hurt.

S7000EY
18-03-13, 05:32 PM
phoned the insurance company today as i didnt hear anything from them since reporting it and being delivered my courtesy car (citreon c3 picasso) as suspected it is a total loss but they have valued it at £1300. not to bad concidering it had 148K on the clock :)

peterzs
18-03-13, 05:41 PM
Dont accept the first offer, it was well serviced, new tyres etc. Any bills to back up??

Try and get through to the engineer who is dealing with the car, found if you can strike up a good rapport with him, he will up the anti.

We went on Autotrader and got some higher valued cars, similar to the crashed one and sent them over by email, think we got a £500 increase. That was for a Ghia Galaxy.

Supercharged_Z
18-03-13, 06:02 PM
yeah the colour alone is so "rare" irreplaceable etc

Dan1971
18-03-13, 06:31 PM
Decent offer IMHO - should get £1500 though for it.

James Raby
18-03-13, 10:02 PM
Sad news for both parts, words escape me :(