PDA

View Full Version : Thieving Ba$tards!!!

Jono-MG
02-03-13, 01:38 PM
I came out from Merry Hill shopping centre to find some unscrupulous bastards have helped themselves to some bits off my car!

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y188/Carnage1986/IMG_0896.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y188/Carnage1986/IMG_0897.jpg

I have had a brief look around and can't find the parts about only 1 side on rimmerbros for £80+ so they were probably stolen to order...

Flare-front Wheel Arch (Bumper bodykit extensions):

DFJ000280LML
DFJ000290LML

Any help locating the parts would be greatly appreciated, I should be able to take care of prep and repainting as I highly doubt anyone is breaking a firefrost mk2..

They added some screwdriver chips on the surrounding paint and smashed all the plastic holdings and bumper mountings as well to add insult to injury so I'm not having the best start to what is looking to be a nice sunny weekend where I was meant to be crusing off for a pint :(

http://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=24586

petet16
02-03-13, 01:43 PM
That is beyond belief, 'kin scumbags, is the car park covered by cctv?

talkingcars
02-03-13, 01:44 PM
Unreal - was the car parked in an official carpark?

Did you report it?

Also report it to the police.

Nor
02-03-13, 01:45 PM
**** me, that's unreal Jon.

petet16
02-03-13, 01:56 PM
One breaking in Brum, wrong colour though http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MG-ZS-BULB-BREAKING-FULL-180-KIT-ZR-ROVER-25-45-200-400-TURBO-V6-T16-/190803694490?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2c6cc9539a

Jono-MG
02-03-13, 02:12 PM
Car was in the official carpark, has been reported to the police although they do not hold out much hope of it being recorded on CCTV as "the car park is very busy", cheers for the link pete I'll drop him a bell.

petet16
02-03-13, 02:17 PM
No problem, there's a XPG one breaking in Reading if you have no luck with the Blue one.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MG-ROVER-ZS-FACELIFT-180-STYLE-BREAKING-/221193389504?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item33802745c0

peterzs
02-03-13, 02:19 PM
Is a worry and will get worse as our cars become scarcer.

Hope you can source the parts, but thieving bastards deserve a bolt of lightening where the sun dont shine!!!!

petet16
02-03-13, 02:22 PM
Is a worry and will get worse as our cars become scarcer.

Hope you can source the parts, but thieving bastards deserve a bolt of lightening where the sun dont shine!!!!

I'd never even considered some one stealing bits of the body kit until this post.

daytona365
02-03-13, 02:23 PM
What a strange thinf to pinch, unless like said, stolen to replace one on their car....Im ok I got a MK1 .............Not so much to remove on that.........

peterzs
02-03-13, 02:25 PM
We have a neighbour over the road, few years back he had a sporty pug 206. He came out one morning and someone had pulled all his body kit off.

Street lights on all night, we have a dog and nothing.

No one saw or heard anything!!!!

Ritchy
02-03-13, 03:24 PM
Merryhill, sure a few people on themgzr have had their fog surrounds stolen there too, look on ebay

M17TT180
02-03-13, 04:43 PM
You'll be suprised what people will nick, my partner has had her plastic fog light surround pinched from her mk2 zr outside our house!

ian zs180
02-03-13, 04:59 PM
Id go balistic if that had happened to me mine is firefrost aswell . You must be feeling fed up at the minute i know i would be . Makes my blood boil when you see things like that happen you work hard to have nice things in life and some little bas*ard comes and wrecks it on you . Hope you can find one and get it sorted soon mate

mrmick
02-03-13, 05:03 PM
Scum of the earth thats all i can say we work for what we have

stamford
02-03-13, 05:31 PM
That is shocking and surely someone must have seen something suspicious.

Enright
02-03-13, 05:47 PM
Any help locating the parts would be greatly appreciated, I should be able to take care of prep and repainting as I highly doubt anyone is breaking a firefrost mk2..

You may be lucky still:
http://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=24265
I know he says the bodykit is provisionally sold, but who knows - if you ask nicely...?

Jono-MG
02-03-13, 07:19 PM
Merryhill, sure a few people on themgzr have had their fog surrounds stolen there too, look on ebay

I am scouring fleabay

Id go balistic if that had happened to me mine is firefrost aswell . You must be feeling fed up at the minute i know i would be . Makes my blood boil when you see things like that happen you work hard to have nice things in life and some little bas*ard comes and wrecks it on you . Hope you can find one and get it sorted soon mate

Fed up is not the word, thanks for all the support tho guys and be sure to lock up yours as Pete said there only getting rarer and sadly this may become more common. Also its given the mrs a lot more ammunition for wanting me to get rid and "get somthing more sensible and practical that chavs don't want to steal bits off" :'(.

Ritchy
02-03-13, 07:50 PM
Keep an eye and also espiecially if the same seller sells mk2 zr foglamp surrounds. Report to police also. Im sure you arent the first to have mg bits stolen there.

peterzs
02-03-13, 07:58 PM
can see us etching car reg number on all the body bits, trouble is the scumbags would just grind them out.

But at least they would have to answer a few questions if they were flogging bits that were all ground out.

Trouble is they seem hard to get off in one piece, unless you are a highly skilled scumbag that can get them off undamaged in 5 seconds or less.

daytona365
02-03-13, 07:58 PM
If its easy to remove and expensive brands new, they will nick it. The things people come into our garage to replace cos someone took.................When they find out how much, they realise why someone else stole theirs.................

scotttait
02-03-13, 08:08 PM
Stone me, thats bad!! A few years back my mate had his back box nicked off his car. Wheel trims are a common steal

peterzs
02-03-13, 08:20 PM
wernt they getting under Transits and cutting off the cats????

We had our old Vauxhall Cavalier plastic fuel line cut. Our dog started barking and I looked out the window to see two kids near the car. We called the police and I set off after the scumbags. Got round the corner and the car spluttered to a stop, no fuel, poured 5 litres from a can and it went straight on the road. Walked back home and there were two police cars, one was a dog van. Told us there was a spate of petrol nicking in the area. Went to local motor factors for a joiner for the plastic pipe and they were sold out!!!!

But I could have just filled up, so dont know what they would have collected 10 galls or so from under the car.

M17TT180
02-03-13, 08:29 PM
When I spent a lot of time on the fiesta owners club forums alot of people were getting their ST spoilers and bumpers nicked off the mk6's, very easy to remove and the spoilers go for around £100 on ebay so easy money for the less than honest.

Supercharged_Z
02-03-13, 08:53 PM
about 9 years ago i worked for a vauxhall dealership and they did a sport astra which i forget the name of now (was a old old shape)

Parked on the forcourt the front and rear bumper as well as rear lights were stolen twice within a few weeks, they were not cheap to replace either.

The reason the guy part exchanged it, was because the front bumper had been stolen twice previous and it actually came in without a bumper. No idea how they got the rear lights but just shows the lengths people will go to

stamford
02-03-13, 09:08 PM
I've read similar stories with Land Rover Discovery headlights, taken with no damage. Companies are offering anti-theft grills/bars now.

daytona365
02-03-13, 09:12 PM
Still are doing the cats from Transits, and rangers and quite a few panel vans.

A new cat for a Transit will cost about £300, a Ranger costs £1000. And to really cheese you off, if you own a Mercedes Sprinter, you cant get an aftermarket one, you HAVE to buy the MB one, at a cost of £900..

daytona365
02-03-13, 09:15 PM
When I spent a lot of time on the fiesta owners club forums alot of people were getting their ST spoilers and bumpers nicked off the mk6's, very easy to remove and the spoilers go for around £100 on ebay so easy money for the less than honest.

The roof spolier is held on with screws from the outside, so you can just undo it. And it fits all that shape Fiestas. The ST alloy wheel hub caps are another common on. The little centre cap cost £20...

peterzs
02-03-13, 09:34 PM
Still are doing the cats from Transits, and rangers and quite a few panel vans.

A new cat for a Transit will cost about £300, a Ranger costs £1000. And to really cheese you off, if you own a Mercedes Sprinter, you cant get an aftermarket one, you HAVE to buy the MB one, at a cost of £900..

Ouch, think I'd unbolt it and bring it into the house ...............

Jono-MG
02-03-13, 09:36 PM
...Trouble is they seem hard to get off in one piece, unless you are a highly skilled scumbag that can get them off undamaged in 5 seconds or less.

No thats what really scares me, busy after work shopping mall carpark all be it dark (but well lit), and I suspect someone walks past and noone would take any notice of someone dropping a pound or bending to tie a shoe lace and picking up with it bits of my car.

Assuming the technical level of know how to remove it in one piece, quickly and in bad light without anyone noticing... this had to be on someones shopping list?

daytona365
02-03-13, 09:37 PM
Ouch, think I'd unbolt it and bring it into the house ...............

LOL....One of our customers did just that, took off all the cats that they could easily remove, and put them in their store room in back of showroom. Guess what they got broken in and the store room door forced!!!!!!!!!! You cant win...:evilmad::evilmad:

Ritchy
03-03-13, 08:08 AM
I recon of you went up with a mk2 zr and sat and watched it for a couple of hours youd catch them

M17TT180
03-03-13, 08:37 AM
The roof spolier is held on with screws from the outside, so you can just undo it. And it fits all that shape Fiestas. The ST alloy wheel hub caps are another common on. The little centre cap cost £20...

No the bolts just snap off, I had a mk6 zetec without a spoiler and bought one from ebay, just snapped the bolts off with my hand. Then tigersealed it onto my car.

Witnes$
03-03-13, 10:06 AM
Unbelievable!!!!! The sheer audacity of some scumbags beggars belief. Must have been stolen to order.

Maxfly
03-03-13, 10:11 AM
Whit a shower of c**ts!!! Would agree about the stolen to order or someone looking to replace their own knackered/missing bits. The ZS isn't as common as say fiestas etc so just randomly stealing bits from them doesnt add up quite as much imo.

Hopefully you can get all the bits you need at an ok price.

peterzs
03-03-13, 01:28 PM
We all like ***** , or nearly all!!!!!!!!!!!

Maxfly
03-03-13, 01:52 PM
We all like ***** , or nearly all!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL!!:D An a shower of them, ah life wouldn't get much better;)

pheelay
03-03-13, 08:47 PM
That's terrible. Also sick thinkng that there's a ZS driver out there somewhere who would stoop to the level of stealing or buying stolen parts :(

ZS
04-03-13, 06:51 AM
That's terrible. Also sick thinkng that there's a ZS driver out there somewhere who would stoop to the level of stealing or buying stolen parts :(

Assuming he knew... how many parts have you purchased second hand from ebay etc? How many of them can you guarantee are no stolen?

pheelay
04-03-13, 10:19 AM
Assuming he knew... how many parts have you purchased second hand from ebay etc? How many of them can you guarantee are no stolen?

I did think of that as I typed. I'd find it hard to believe a thief would randomly steal them parts unless someone had specifically requested them. Someone requesting parts from unscrupulous places must know there's a chance the parts might not be clean. But.. benefit of the doubt and all that, I see your point.

peterzs
04-03-13, 10:21 AM
Trouble is a front end smash and the bumper and extensions first thing to go.

Bumper on ebay £30 - £40, EXTENSIONS?????????????????? If you can find them.

petet16
04-03-13, 10:27 AM
There was a seller on ebay doing replicas of the front bumper spats in fibreglass but he seems to have disappeared.

peterzs
04-03-13, 10:33 AM
Suppose the costs were high and the numbers required quite low.

One of those things that hopefully you wont have to replace, but when you do need them, thats when the crunch comes.

Once the moulds were made would have thought he could do a small run.

We have Sunseekers down here in Poole, all that fibreglass expertise. Often wondered if its worth hanging about outside the factory doors and having a word!!!!

petet16
04-03-13, 12:01 PM

One of those things that hopefully you wont have to replace, but when you do need them, thats when the crunch comes.

We have Sunseekers down here in Poole, all that fibreglass expertise. Often wondered if its worth hanging about outside the factory doors and having a word!!!!

You never know, someone might fancy an out of hours foreigner to earn a bit extra cash.

Huffy
04-03-13, 07:39 PM
Got a set in silver :)

daytona365
04-03-13, 08:25 PM

Just hanga round and smell the glue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You cam smell it when you walk past .........

peterzs
05-03-13, 09:25 AM
Might get arrested, standing around sniffing all the guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

buchan4042
05-03-13, 09:30 AM
shocking, sad day when you cant leave your pride and joy to do a bit of shopping

Jono-MG
13-03-13, 09:12 PM
Cheers to Huffy who has jumped in and saved the day! All the bits are driving my mrs mentel strewn all over the house in various states of repair now. hoping the weather holds out the weekend now to do spraying and fits.

Jay-ZS+
13-03-13, 09:55 PM
That's shocking, why not see if a body shop can fabricate some straight on the bumper. Least then they can be taken again!

peterzs
14-03-13, 09:27 AM
Got me worried now, have to have a check and make sure all the bits (on the car) are still there in the mornings!!!

Glad you are getting your one sorted, such a pain.

andys1981
14-03-13, 09:25 PM
thats shocking,id be raging,just goes to show the levels some folk go,hope you can get it sorted mate

Jono-MG
09-04-13, 01:36 PM
So progress report, front bumper has been repaired! Huzzah however while this was being done the rear brakes went sticky and started binding so have refurbished those and took the opportunity to replace the discs and pads. Also while the front of the car was disassembled took the liberty of changing the oil. Sun time is car time!

However the respray of the body-kit add-ons has not gone so well clearly i'm more gifted as a mechanic and dogs body than an artist and do not do the car justice.

Anyone know of anyone in the Midlands area that could turn these around into a decent finish of nightfire red in the next couple of days to get them back on the car before/at PoL ... :please: ... Failing that and I do realise its asking the earth as everyone will be washing and polishing if anyone could do a good job of it for a reasonable sum in the coming weeks?

sh4ggyd00
14-04-13, 03:51 PM
I just received a call from my brother who has taken my Golf gti down to santa pod for the vw show, informing me that when he went back to the car, most of the trim was missing :@

Jono-MG
14-04-13, 03:59 PM
I just received a call from my brother who has taken my Golf gti down to santa pod for the vw show, informing me that when he went back to the car, most of the trim was missing :@

WOWZERS! mk??

reaper0709
14-04-13, 04:57 PM
so sorry to see that mate...thieving idiots. Glad to hear you are sorting :)

petet16
14-04-13, 06:31 PM
Beyond belief

peterzs
14-04-13, 06:46 PM
getting that you cant leave the pride and joy anywhere!!!!!

Thing is they are all so called enthusiasts, think they would have more respect!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mattie007
14-04-13, 07:10 PM
These car shows are prime targets for thieving gits. We took the VW camper to BugJam a few years back. When I got up in the morning I could see all these people walking around nearby, apparently loads of bits had been stolen during the night and they were looking for any evidence, etc. Luckily ours wasn't touched as it only held together by rust! I dispair at the lengths people go to.

sh4ggyd00
15-04-13, 01:02 PM
WOWZERS! mk??

its a mk3 gti 2.0 8v colour concept in black.

http://i1311.photobucket.com/albums/s677/sh4ggyd00/IMG_5919_zps1cb56e37.jpg (http://s1311.photobucket.com/user/sh4ggyd00/media/IMG_5919_zps1cb56e37.jpg.html)

peterzs
15-04-13, 01:31 PM
Looks a good example, dont suppose there are many around now a days.

Can you get the nicked bits back????

:clap::clap::clap:

sh4ggyd00
15-04-13, 01:45 PM
i got a mate that breaks a lot of them and i've got him to feel sorry for me and he is giving me the trim of the one he is picking up tomorrow :)

It takes an absolute stupid moronic person to steal parts/trim off cars.

Ok im not saying i've not had a few "5 finger discounted" items from a scrap yard over the years like fuses and bulbs etc while getting parts, but i have always walked away after parting with cash for other bits on those visits.

peterzs
15-04-13, 01:48 PM
Little bits were always a bonus, most just get crushed anyway.

Glad you sorted the missing bits, scumbags need their hands chopped off, or whatever else comes to mind.

:smile1::smile1::smile1:

sh4ggyd00
15-04-13, 01:50 PM
luckily they were easy to find and free lol :)

means i can start to look at sorting the zs again :)

talkingcars
15-04-13, 09:26 PM
Nice car but I never got my head around colour concept in black.