PDA

View Full Version : Vis motors

Ant_ZS180
07-03-13, 09:07 PM
Hi i know this has been discussed to death, but how can you tell your vis motors are operating correctly I'm definitely getting a power surge between 3500-4000 rpm would this indicate their ok?.

peterzs
07-03-13, 09:40 PM
There is a site Vis tester that can be posted to you.

Lets you know whats on and whats off.

Think Dan is after it at the moment.

Dan1971
08-03-13, 07:07 PM
There is a site Vis tester that can be posted to you.

Lets you know whats on and whats off.

Think Dan is after it at the moment.

Hard to guage. One man's surge of power, is anothers normal acceleration for a V6 in a fairly light car.

Think Kevs doing some repairs to the tester, but hopefully I'll get it before I come to Brands as I have a couple of yellow cars threatening to leave me in their wake if I don't .... ;)

Got to join up - only a fiver - and then just get on the thread with your details and the tester gets sent on. Very simple process testing them, and you'll know if they are working immediately.

maxtherotti
08-03-13, 07:14 PM
Alas mine are dead:shoot2:
picked the old girl up yesterday and immediatley noticed the lack of kick it used to have at at 3400rpm
quickly popped to my mates and yep fault codes for both motors and on live test nothing on either

in fact my ztt190 feels much faster at the moment:huh::huh:

Rob

Dan1971
08-03-13, 07:38 PM
Alas mine are dead:shoot2:
picked the old girl up yesterday and immediatley noticed the lack of kick it used to have at at 3400rpm
quickly popped to my mates and yep fault codes for both motors and on live test nothing on either

in fact my ztt190 feels much faster at the moment:huh::huh:

Rob

But we both know, as soon as they are sorted it'll be a totally different car and will feel muuuuuuch faster than your ZT ..... :happy:

maxtherotti
08-03-13, 08:09 PM
oh I 100% know it will be once sorted
have driven hundreds of each and zs kicks zt ass every time :strongbench: