PDA

View Full Version : switches

Rossy
08-03-13, 04:49 AM
Can someone help me I'm replacing the air/con ,rec/air,heated rear screen, and hazard switches on my mk1 ZS 180 with savage led switches. really confused in the wiring of them tried a couple of goes and just blown fuses so don't want to risk doing damage ,trolled through how to's and searches on net but no results, anybody guide me in the right way to do this in what wires go where or maybe a dummies guide to wiring switches or diagrams Cheers ...

stamford
08-03-13, 06:55 AM
I would have thought it was straight forward, accessory wiring on one side of the switch and power supply to the other. Do you not have a wiring diagram to trace the correct wire colours or at least a test meter or bulb?

Smokey
08-03-13, 08:42 AM
Put up some pics of the switches mate. I rewired mk2 switches with momentary switches. The wiring was a pain as most switches had 4 or 5 wires coming from it!

Smokey
08-03-13, 08:51 AM
Just searched for Savage switches so now know what they are! Pretty much the same as mine wiring wise I would have thought.

Do they have 8 pins on the back?

Should have:

+
_

NO x2
NC x2
C x2

If so, it's a case of taking a pic of the switch wiring on the mk1 plugs so I can help you....

Rossy
08-03-13, 09:34 AM
Just searched for Savage switches so now know what they are! Pretty much the same as mine wiring wise I would have thought.

Do they have 8 pins on the back?

Should have:

+
_

NO x2
NC x2
C x2

If so, it's a case of taking a pic of the switch wiring on the mk1 plugs so I can help you....

Thanks yeah that's the ones will get some photos up will find out how to do it .. absolutely hosin it down here but will do .. also became a subscriber for all the help and advice the site gives ...THANKS ...

Smokey
08-03-13, 09:37 AM
If it becomes a struggle mate, you're more than welcome to visit Crieff at some point and we can spend the day getting them wired in.

Smokey
08-03-13, 09:52 AM
These are the switches I used (day and night pics)

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff96/smokeysworld/IMG_0821.jpg

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff96/smokeysworld/IMG_1396.jpg

Rossy
08-03-13, 01:10 PM
Been following your console build with envy .... I've started my console rebuild will hopefully put up photos when I'm finished .WHEN !!!!! :bow:

Smokey
09-03-13, 06:08 PM
I'm planning soon to build a simplified 'plug'n'play' version of my console for sale. Standard mk2 switches etc but with android tablet entertainment system.

M17TT180
09-03-13, 06:13 PM
I want one.

peterzs
09-03-13, 06:14 PM
Thanks yeah that's the ones will get some photos up will find out how to do it .. absolutely hosin it down here but will do .. also became a subscriber for all the help and advice the site gives ...THANKS ...

Thanks for becoming a Subscriber, all helps to cover the costs of running the site.

Best of luck with the switches, plus the console update.

:smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:

Smokey
09-03-13, 07:20 PM
I addition mate, you'll need to wire leds if you are replacing the fog switches as the savage ones don't look like they have tell tale lights to show the fog lights is active. This is an MOT requirement. I wired two wee leds which took me 10 minutes.

Rossy
10-03-13, 01:05 AM
Thanks guys for all the advice mucho appreciated !!! re the fog lights have not got to them yet but have replaced the leds in them with blue ones to go with the blue colour scheme I'm trying to achieve.My biggest problem I think is going to be the hazard switch to what I can find on other places seems to be a hard one to connect up !!!! ,the savage hazard switch has 8 terminals on the block connector and I have 9 wires on the original mk1 switch .Got another hazard switch on the bay but I think it's from a mk2 a lot less terminals on that one to... now comes the scratch the head time and look sensible !!! which I'm not although I do own a MG ZS 180 in Trophy Blue which must count for something ...:blink:

Smokey
10-03-13, 07:51 AM
Haha, there is defo some brains in there somewhere then!

On my switches, I don't use all of the wires connected to the original switch either. For example, some have 2 black wires which are both a -ve feed (one for tell tale light, one for normal light) so for my new switch, was redundant. I had to rewire the whole console to make things easier for myself. But I did note down everything!