PDA

View Full Version : Yesterday was a *******

grimmy
30-12-07, 10:12 PM
This all happened yesterday with no padding or filler. Sitting in the house about three in the afternoon the wife's phone rings and it is her sister who asks if i will run her and her 12 week old baby to the doctors as he was wheezing as he breathes,naturally i say yes no problem, the local out of hours surgery is at the local hospital about 15 miles away in Airdrie so we all pile into the car and head for the wee fellas appointment.i said to the wife "you two take the wee man in and i will sit here and listen to the rest of the football on the radio" again no problem. My wife phones me from the surgery and tells me the appointments are running an hour late not a problem says i as long as the doctor sees the baby then hey its all good 1 hour later wife phones me again, they need to take the wee fella to another hospital which is in Wishaw another 20 miles away as they are concerned about his breathing so i said to the wife okay see you in ten minutes as i need to go get petrol turn the Key and nothing the car is dead flat battery, phones wife and explains situation feel terrible as we can't get to the hospital to give support to her sister who is now winging her way to a hospital 40 miles from home with her sick baby , phone a mate for help as he has a battery booster another 20 minutes later he arrives hook up booster and guess what it is gubbed he goes away and i phone my brealdown service who promised to arrive within the hour and to be fair only waited 45 minutes bloke started the car had a quick check and the battery seems to be charging but can't turn the car off for twenty minutes i now cant get to a petrol station to put fuel in to get to Wishaw as i would have to turn off the car and not have it start again. So we go to my wifes parents house to drop off the car seat so my Father in law can go to Wishaw and drop off some stuff for my sister in law and the baby it is now about half eight so me and the missus head out for a takeaway and head home get home and the phone is ringing its the mother in law my Father in law has been in an accident with the car on his way home some fud decides to stop in the middle of the road in a rover the minibus behind him slams on the brakes and skids Father in law does the same also skids sideways to a halt and the cab driver behind doing about 60 slams into the rear quarter of his car and not stopping until he is past the minibus just to give you an idea of the speed he was doing Father in law is fine but the car is written off and to cap it a burst main up the street stops water getting to the house and i couldn't even make a cuppa to calm myself down December the 29th was not a good day

arwilson80
30-12-07, 10:19 PM
Sounds like it was a very low day... 2008 starts in just over 24 hours so it can only get better - After all when you are at the very bottom the only way is up..

grimmy
30-12-07, 10:28 PM
Yeah it's all good the wee man has a viral infection in his chest but is already a lot better than yesterday my Father in law is fine and the car is only a bit of steel at the end of the day and my car shows no signs of losing all its elecricity again, now sitting having a beer thinking about how crap a day it was and looking forward

Craig
31-12-07, 06:31 AM
Jesus! What a day mate. Glad the wee mans ok. Sometimes things just spiral out of control. Hope 2008 gets off to a much better start.

Maxxed_Ross
31-12-07, 08:43 AM
that's some story mate. Good to hear he's geting better now

Boot Hill Bandit
31-12-07, 08:45 AM
Yeah it's all good the wee man has a viral infection in his chest but is already a lot better than yesterday my Father in law is fine and the car is only a bit of steel at the end of the day and my car shows no signs of losing all its elecricity again, now sitting having a beer thinking about how crap a day it was and looking forward

Jeeeezzzzz thank fook the little lad is okay and your Father in law too.......

I hope 2008 looks a lot more rosier for everyone on here I honestly do :group:

Jim

JIMZS180
31-12-07, 08:52 AM
you just couldn't make that up M8.....glad the wee man is ok as you say all else can be sorted...hope 2008 starts better 4 u.

sarah
31-12-07, 09:19 AM
oh no!!

sorry to hear of your disastorous day mate, glad to hear he is getting better, this horrible virus has hit everyone and yet again i have a heavy chesty cough through it!

2008 better be a better year for me, you everyone i hate 2007

stamford
31-12-07, 09:38 AM
Oh that 's terrible, glad everyone is okay though, still a stressful time whan running against the clock, these things always happen don't they!

grimmy
31-12-07, 02:20 PM
Thanks for the support the wee man is much better went up and brought him home today and he is much betterthings are looking much better already think i may get blootered tonight and by the way i hope everyone has a good night and a very happy and prosperous 2008

Cheers

Southern Storm
01-01-08, 05:52 PM
What a tale. Couldn't make it up. Glad things are looking up.