PDA

View Full Version : Where to put em!!!

Robstar
31-12-07, 11:13 AM
Hi Guys got some blue LED's for xmas and im wondering where to install. I know they are supposed to be for the side lights but isnt that illegal, or maybe the front stand lights but im sure thats illegal too. Have my fellow MG friends any idea or suggestions?

Thanks Guys

:thumbsup:

Connections are like the ones in the link below
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/XENON-LED-SIDE-LIGHT-BULB-MG-MGF-TF-ZR-ZS-ZT-UK-P-P_W0QQitemZ190186483315QQihZ009QQcategoryZ10414QQs sPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Mat C
31-12-07, 12:52 PM
Any blue light on the exterior of a car, wether headlights, underneath, washer jets etc is 100% illegal. Only emergancy vehicles are allowed to use blue lights. Hope that helps !

rbull51
31-12-07, 01:06 PM
Dont put blue LED's anywhere on your car, 2 reasons - 1) it attracts the wrong type of attention & 2) you may start looking like a chav!!!

Robstar
31-12-07, 01:07 PM
Great I know not to put them outside then as orginally thought anyway, but thanks alot for the claryfication.

Boot Hill Bandit
31-12-07, 01:14 PM
Any blue light on the exterior of a car, wether headlights, underneath, washer jets etc is 100% illegal. Only emergancy vehicles are allowed to use blue lights. Hope that helps !

Rules have been relaxed on lorries and trucks was the last I heard......which is bloody stupid but we all know what this country is like :laugh:

Jim

Mat C
31-12-07, 02:47 PM
I know, that's why i typed CAR !!!! ;) :rofl:

Robstar
31-12-07, 02:54 PM
Well I do agree and I also agree to keep the ZS in its orginal state as it is a wonderfull looking car, just wanted to make use of the present really, a shame to waste em.

MGZS180
31-12-07, 03:21 PM
.....100% illegal.

Is there anything other (than 100%) :)

MGZS180
31-12-07, 03:24 PM
Rules have been relaxed on lorries and trucks was the last I heard......which is bloody stupid but we all know what this country is like :laugh:

Jim

Has it? ...Do you mean to permit "green" ABS warning lamps to face to the front (of trailers)? I know of that, but I would call that, "relaxed" the law was specific to this point for some time. Do you know something differnt?

Boot Hill Bandit
31-12-07, 03:36 PM
All I know is that I have read about it someplace......probably a local paper I dunno. Basically sayign that allowing HGV's and the like to carry blue lights onboard and outside the cab is a stupid idea and they should be treated no different to a car......

Never mind anyway.......

Jim

weagie
31-12-07, 05:39 PM
I'v been using blue led sidelights for ages on my blue zs and never been stopped, lucky i guess

Maxxed_Ross
02-01-08, 12:18 PM
I'm the same, there's a few of us up here with LED sidelights now.

you could get a TF style mirror with the lights in it and put them in that as they are the same bulbs as side lights. I changed my interior light for a blue one and it looks really nice. Useless if you want to actually see anything though lol

Glen290
02-01-08, 02:01 PM
I have green leds in my sidelights, never had any issues with them..

afcbadam
02-01-08, 04:14 PM
personall i think they look cheap. at least if you turn them on and off it will look like you have a christmas tree in your car aswell as your house

Glen290
02-01-08, 07:25 PM
personall i think they look cheap. at least if you turn them on and off it will look like you have a christmas tree in your car aswell as your house

Haha, i did have some colour changing ones in before these..:mml:

Robstar
03-01-08, 11:13 AM
Ok guys some ideas here. Im gona fit em and then decide. ANyone know how to get the sidelights off?

Mat C
03-01-08, 12:32 PM
No need to take the lights off, just open the bonnet, unscrew the corresponding plastic cap and pull out the bulbs !

Maxxed_Ross
03-01-08, 05:04 PM
it's a pain in the £*%@# on the passenger side.

you unscrew the centre of the two caps and pull out the plastic holder from the light. The bulb then pulls out. They are directional so if the light doesn't work just turn it 180deg and put it back in again!