PDA

View Full Version : Bmw x6 help

shaunyd
16-03-13, 06:09 PM
Right guys i know its not a mg but as you guys are so well minded about cars and i aint driving on the motor way the car started sounding like we was just been followed by a chopper just had all 4tyres changed 2 week ago

Din
16-03-13, 06:18 PM
I take it you have checked the basics ? tyre pressures and wheel studs etc.

shaunyd
16-03-13, 06:22 PM
Yeah im thinking bearinf or run flat problem???

stamford
16-03-13, 06:22 PM
:hmmm: X6...............:pimp:

Din
16-03-13, 06:31 PM
Yeah im thinking bearinf or run flat problem???

Normally the tyre pressure warning light will come on if a tyre gets low on pressure, it is sensed by the dsc and it measures the rotational speed of the wheels via the abs sensors.

It would not be uncommon for wheel bearing failure, i have done front and rear bearings on x5 and x6s, whats the mileage ?

though if it is a bearing it will get notably worse when putting load on the failed side so its easy enough to check.

Do just double check the tyres too, im presuming runflats where put on ? if so they can go very low in pressure but still look ok, this can destroy the inner edges (which and x6 will do anyway lol.)

shaunyd
16-03-13, 07:39 PM
Thanks din its a company car and spends its life up and down the motorways of england so high millage yeah they put run flats on it and yep inner edges wher goosed hence tyre change

stamford
16-03-13, 07:46 PM
One hell of a company car, must be a massive tax hit.

shaunyd
16-03-13, 08:27 PM
Sorry stamford it aint mine pal its dads