PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know this car?

dean0
17-03-13, 10:04 AM
Here (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2003-MG-ZS-TD-RED-RECENT-NEW-CLUTCH-BRAKES-CAMBELT-TYRES-AND-MORE-/251244827222?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item3a7f5bd256)

Looks pretty good condition, seats look superb!

Maybe a little high on price but with the work already done should not want for much in the next couple of years.

I'm maybe going to have to change my 180 for a diesel end April and am just having a look around

stamford
17-03-13, 10:21 AM
Strong money for a mk1. Does look clean though.

peterzs
17-03-13, 10:22 AM
Looks well looked after, price may be high but with the clutch done and belts has saved quite a few bob.

I had a new clutch in my derv, £320 odd plus I've got the belts to do, £120 -£150 odd.

Must have a drive and see how it goes, if its sluggish and wont red line could be the MAF sensor shot, easy fix £80- £100.

Have a look under the turbo boost pipe, just one clip on the intake, pull back and see if the top hose is ok. They tend to rub and the top hose on mine had a 1/2" nick and had gone soft.

Usual tip re the callipers, after the test drive feel all the wheels for heat = sticky ones.

Good luck with it.

Cheap tax and insurance against the 180.

Dont forget there is a buyers guide for the derv as well.

;););)

talkingcars
17-03-13, 10:29 AM
I would expect a brand new MOT, warranty, full tank of fuel and a healthy trade in against the 180 as they seem to be a dealer.

dean0
17-03-13, 03:24 PM
I've studied the buying guide on here and read the links about making it go faster too ;)

Not quite ready to do a deal yet as I really want to take the 180 to the Nurburgring at the end of April

Deffo needs a new MOT, and it would save a lot of trouble if I could part ex the 180, I think I'll try and get over and take a look maybe express an interest