PDA

View Full Version : Zs is now past it.....

p_b82
18-03-13, 03:55 PM
According to some people anyways...

on her 10th year she just clock past 100,000 last night....

not bad considering over the past 5 years how often it has been off the road!

Pity i think i have got a stuck open thermostats as i get quite a large (for the car) variation in the temps on the scanguage... and it drops off when at idling in traffic.... (78-87c variation pending engine load)

it was only changed a year or so ago so will be a pain if it is stuck open... bloody car.. always one thing after the other with it....

must get to the motorfactors and get a replacement battery as welll - as there is no current draw on it but the battery is not holding up it seems :(

peterzs
18-03-13, 03:57 PM
Least its up and running.

You sort out the throttle problems, or only just being gentle?????

p_b82
18-03-13, 04:21 PM
still just being nice - need to give the guy a massive kick instead of a gentle prod.... getting fed up waiting tbh...

peterzs
18-03-13, 05:51 PM
cant say you havent waited long enough!!

daytona365
18-03-13, 07:08 PM
Here's to the next 100K...........I cant imagine life without mine..

zsserbia
18-03-13, 07:23 PM
Don't be bothered with the mileage, as said, it's up for another 100k, just keep it on the road. Any 10 year old car comes with a to do list. Especially O/E plastic and rubber bits.

With all the mods done it's surely a keeper, eh?

stamford
18-03-13, 07:39 PM
100k just run in ;)

Enright
18-03-13, 07:39 PM
It's got plenty left in it. Mine just broke the 135K mark over the weekend. Yesterday we went from Nottingham to Skegness, up over the Humber Bridge to Brough, and back via Doncaster to Nottingham (in some evil weather).
Could never have done that in a ZR - the seats would have crippled me!

byronstingly
18-03-13, 09:21 PM
The temp variation sounds normal to me. Well at least mine does the same ranging from 80-92 and changing the stat made no difference on mine.

p_b82
19-03-13, 08:53 AM
mine never used to to budge more than a degree or two - and that was one the original stat, and then on the replacement when the original one failed.

thankfully it is nothing i am too worried about as it is happy either in traffic or on a run - but the fact it is moing more than it ever has done in 10 years makes me think 'something' is not right...

And yes i know there is nothing actually wrong with the car - but so many people have said - you should get rid (not just cos it breaks frequently) but because it is getting close to 100k and will be worth even less...

apart from a a few new squeaks and creaks from the replaced windscreen she still feels nice and solid an no obvious wear anywhere still so have no intention of getting rid just yet...

Even though i thought i may need to as personal circumstances have changed... but looks like i can flog the fiesta for more cash and so the ZS can stay...

peterzs
19-03-13, 10:26 AM
Keep the ZS, so much time and effort gone into it.

ZS
19-03-13, 10:48 AM
ZS is now past it...

Oi!!!! No I am not! I am only 30! I don't consider that "past it" :fish::fishing::spank:

peterzs
19-03-13, 11:23 AM
Plenty of life left in the ZS, I reckon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

p_b82
19-03-13, 03:56 PM
Oi!!!! No I am not! I am only 30! I don't consider that "past it" :fish::fishing::spank:

I am a year older than you... what does that make me :laugh: