PDA

View Full Version : Heating - To Be or Not To Be ???

Ollie
20-03-13, 10:51 AM
First of all Thanx Lads you've already answered a few of my questions about my MG ZS+ 120 - with me being a newby owner.
Next Question :-
From a cold engine start, it takes approximately 1 to 1.5 miles for the temperature gauge to get to just below middle ( Seems a little Quick to me )
and the air coming through the vents is warm, not hot.
After driving fast or slow for whatever distance ( 10 or 100 miles ) the gauge needle doesn't move a ****-hair and the air doesn't get any hotter either.
Is this the hottest the vent will get to ? I'm having to wear a coat Lol
Also can I get any more force behind the ventilation, at the moment full force is a gentle breath.
I'm shivering Brrrrrrrrrr

Captain Peanut
20-03-13, 10:59 AM
There is a common problem with the resistor pack that controls the fan speeds, although IIRC this stops positions 1 & 2 from working.

I had a similar problem with a lack of heat on an old Megane and was caused by a blocked heater matrix. However, I would be checking the cooling system for any air bubbles as this could also cause similar issues from experience.

petet16
20-03-13, 11:00 AM
The first thing to check is the levers on the side of the heater box, they can be accessed from the drivers side footwell you need to make sure they are moving the full amount, if not they can be adjusted by unclipping the outer sheath of the cable and moving it slightly to give more movement.

R8NMG
20-03-13, 11:11 AM
Taking 1-1.5 miles for the needle to rise to half way is about right. The needle not moving is also about right unless you have an issue. However just warm heat from the heater is not right.

Ollie
20-03-13, 02:39 PM
Thanx Lads, a few ideas 4 me to have a go at. With regards to the air bubble in the coolin system - how could i check 4 that?????

peterzs
20-03-13, 04:20 PM
Have a look at this, plus the links.

Hope it helps.

http://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=22346&highlight=bleed