PDA

View Full Version : Fan advice

bowthruster
20-03-13, 09:29 PM
Since ive had the zs since dec2012,never noticed the fan kicking on/off,so when i was messing about with the old battery and flicking everything on electric that i could,the fans kicked on and the battery died,so i replaced the battery and checked fuses etc,but ive left it running for up to 30mins on my drive and the temp just sits there at slightly under 1/2 way.Is this normal.I am losing tiny amount of coolant,but coolant is fine,no oil in it etc,no mayo on dipstick,but tiny spots of mayo sometimes on oil filler lid,everything is running fine.No leaks on garage floor-nothing.Cant figure it out.I only do about 4miles round trip to work if i use the zs.Other than that i dont really give it a good run that often its all round town stuff-stop/start.

petet16
20-03-13, 09:32 PM
The mayo in the filler cap is just condensation from short journeys.

The fans sound pretty normal to me.

bowthruster
20-03-13, 09:43 PM
Cheers pete.What about the coolant loss though?No leaks anywhere that i can see

petet16
20-03-13, 09:52 PM
Have you looked under the engine top cover, the thermostat and link pipe run under the inlet manifolds, any signs of dampness under there is likely to be the thermo or pipes leaking

bowthruster
20-03-13, 10:01 PM
No i havent.I'll have a look tomorrow after the pre mot check.Thanks for the info:angel: