PDA

View Full Version : Random drive

Craig-ZS180
25-03-13, 09:06 PM
After a very cold and stressy day at work that had endless amounts of aggro I felt the need to go out and blow off steam with a spirited drive this evening, spirited but totally within the speed limits. Local Dual carriage ways and country lanes. One big bonus of the day though was had Jacks parents evening tonight and his teacher said although he's one of te youngest in the class he's in the top three for his learning and skills, nothing to worry about in that respect. Very proud of him and how well he's doing especially after having really struggled with his hearing for the past 6 months.:clap2:

As frustrating as this very cold weather is the one thing it is good for is the car.! It seemed to enjoy itself more than me, revving freely and just wanting to go. If I'd been on a track it would've been great.
Induction kit roaring and exhaust popping and banging, it certainly put an even bigger smile on my face to end the day with. :D

thered180
25-03-13, 10:16 PM
Nothing beats a good drive :) I love my ZS for just driving. Glad you enjoy yours as much too :) You tend to forget about all the niggly little things and just enjoy the moment. This is probably the reason i still have my MG 5 years and 200,000 miles on :) :)

Craig-ZS180
25-03-13, 10:26 PM
Yeah definitely. When you can enjoy driving it fully, its an awesome car to be out in an the smiles keep coming. You do indeed forget the niggles when its like that. 200k, blimey still going strong then?

MG mad
26-03-13, 05:34 AM
I've been known to do that, does help :) Where we live in NZ is one of the outer suburbs of Auckland, just in the foothill of the Waitakere Ranges. It's quite easy to just drive past our road and up along some nice twisty roads and enjoy the drive.

Mind you, last time I did that I came home to a burst water hose and a flooded laundry (and a ruined batch of home brew from the thermal shock).

stamford
26-03-13, 06:58 AM
The way things are panning out it'll be June before my zed is roadworthy again. I miss driving it :sad: but look forward to waking it up and doing things it was meant to do!

There nothing like a spirited drive to waken the senses.

Dan1971
26-03-13, 07:30 AM
Good news about the kid too pal. I've been to two sets of parents evenings recently and glad to say that they are both doing well. My eldest is in the top set for everything and my youngest, despite his eyesight issues - is keeping up with everyone else in his class.

Proud as punch ....

Went for a few of those drives myself. I'm very lucky because the only time I ever drive the ZS is for fun .... It certainly ticks that box.

Craig-ZS180
26-03-13, 08:04 AM
Indeed guys, going for a fun spirited drive certainly changes your outlook on the day especially when you can do a few full throttle moments and really let the V6 sing..

Cheers Dan, both me and the Mrs had been concerned about our lil guy at school as his hearin gwas becoming increasingly worse. Last hearing test they said its equivalent to being permanently under water and was getting worse. He had his ent opp two weeks ago and since has had such an improvement its unreal.
Yeah his teacher said although one of 3 of the youngest in the year hes within the top 4 for his learning and attitude.

As with yours too Dan, its amazing how they adapt to cope with the issues they have and not fall behind.

Really am very proud of the lil chap :happy:

peterzs
26-03-13, 08:47 AM
Well done Jack, hope the hearing prob is sorted, done well to be in the top set after a set back like that.

Best way to blow away all the days agro, quick blast and appreciate the great handling.

Dont wear it all out before Brands!!!! ;)

:smile1::smile1::smile1:

DuckFeet
26-03-13, 08:53 AM
Heavy right foot and late gear changes did wonders for my wedding day nerves.

Mick - I'll let you drive my car if you help me change the CV boots...

Craig-ZS180
26-03-13, 09:25 AM
Yeah it just made us more proud Pete.!

It certainly did give a few smiles and made me feel much much better.

No dont wan t to wear anything out before brands or infact at brands lol. Getting quite eager to go now :smile1:

stamford
26-03-13, 11:32 AM
Heavy right foot and late gear changes did wonders for my wedding day nerves.

Mick - I'll let you drive my car if you help me change the CV boots...

I have enough to do as it is!

This sounds like a possible 'do stuff meet', if only it was warmer!