PDA

View Full Version : fuel gauge

william lam
27-03-13, 09:01 AM
This maybe A stupid question but does the fuel gauge have a red light warning light

Thanks

Will

ZS
27-03-13, 09:06 AM
This maybe A stupid question but does the fuel gauge have a red light warning light

Thanks

Will

All of my ZS's have done (well Orange light IIRC) but you have to get very very low on fuel before you trip it off.. I think like 10 miles left in the tank (Petrol Station Roulette time!)

william lam
27-03-13, 09:52 AM
All of my ZS's have done (well Orange light IIRC) but you have to get very very low on fuel before you trip it off.. I think like 10 miles left in the tank (Petrol Station Roulette time!)

Alright is it on the fuel gauge itself as my missus gone below the red markering between the red and black mark

scotttait
27-03-13, 10:01 AM
My mk1 180 does. Just next to the gauge. But it's starts coming on and fading out for a while before its in full time. However my zr didn't have one. (Found that out the hard way)

ZS
27-03-13, 10:11 AM
Alright is it on the fuel gauge itself as my missus gone below the red markering between the red and black mark

Yeah its next to the gauge... I have to take mine down to the stage I'm scared it'll run out of fuel before the light comes on though!

peterzs
27-03-13, 10:18 AM
Best not to let it go till the light comes on, once it starts sucking up air you have to put a 1/4 of a tank of fuel in to get it to pressurise up and start pumping.

Thats without the crap thats floating around on the bottom of the tank.

talkingcars
27-03-13, 06:18 PM
I thought the light came on fully when stationary when there were 5 litres left, that used to work on my car until the fuel pump failed, it then ran out still showing 1/8th left! And then it didn't take a full tank full!

ZSbhoy_1724
28-03-13, 06:44 PM
had problems with the zs fuel gauge my dad said when he gave me the car that when the gauge says 1/4 tank left it means its empty. Is this a common problem??

petet16
28-03-13, 07:04 PM
had problems with the zs fuel gauge my dad said when he gave me the car that when the gauge says 1/4 tank left it means its empty. Is this a common problem??

No, not really.

talkingcars
28-03-13, 07:12 PM
I knew I was low on fuel and would need to fill up today on the way home.

I started the car and drove out of the gate, got out and locked the gate and the fuel light was on when I got back in. It hadn't flashed on this tank yet.

I then drove to Sainsburys less than 2 miles away, the light flashed on once as I slowed for some lights.

Just for good measure I played with a scubby for the last 500yds before the filling station.

As I queued for the fuel the warning light came on and stayed on.

I filled up to two clicks - 48.67L

Allowing for the tank holding 55 litres and the neck holding 2.5 that gives about 10 litres before the light comes on.

talkingcars
28-03-13, 07:14 PM

My MG metro did this but it was a bit of a shed.