PDA

View Full Version : a few questions

afcbadam
01-01-08, 07:48 PM
hi guys and gals a few q's. temp gauge never rises up to the middle it sits just below half way is this a big problem or nouthing to panic about. also a bulb has just blown behind the heater controls i am hopeing it is easy to get to and that i dont need to take the dash to bits to replace it. i brought the car about 3 months ago knowing it had a few probs the major problem is it needs a new front bumper as the bloke i brought it from liked scraping it against other peoples bumpers, is there anywhere i can get a second hand bumper that is already painted as i know these can be expensive from mg-r apart from that the car is spotless with no dings on any scuffing on the alloys.

Z Scotland
01-01-08, 08:12 PM
The temp gauge is OK and the bulb is easily replaced. What colour is your bumper ?

afcbadam
01-01-08, 09:15 PM
its green not sure what green 2002 5dr not sure that will help. i have heard these cars come with lemans green and british racing green not sure if thats true but they seem the same to me. do you know how i get to the bulb. it looks like there is only 2 behind the dash as 1 and a half still lights up and 1 and a half doesnt. or is there 3 and 2 off them are gone

arwilson80
01-01-08, 09:21 PM
If you get the paint code off the door pillar there's a list of all the colours as a 'sticky'. It will be 3 letters... as an example mine is PBT .

The temp gauge is fine. Just below ½ is where it should be.

Have no idea about the dash though...

Mat C
01-01-08, 09:30 PM
So what's for sale ?! ;)

arwilson80
01-01-08, 09:41 PM
Moved... I never even spotted that. :)