PDA

View Full Version : exhausts?

afcbadam
02-01-08, 01:26 PM
im looking a few exhausts i want a performance stainless steel jobbie but dont want a loud one i just want one thats the same level of noise as the standard one and isnt noisy on the motor way. any ideas or is it better to get one custom made to my taste. also noticed the bonnet isnt a tight shut. i lifts slightly while driving and can be moved when you grab the bottom of it. ive tryed to open it when stut and you cant so its not that bad and prob wont fly up when driving. is there an adjustment or could my catch be loose or something. chears guys

Boot Hill Bandit
02-01-08, 01:57 PM
im looking a few exhausts i want a performance stainless steel jobbie but dont want a loud one i just want one thats the same level of noise as the standard one and isnt noisy on the motor way. any ideas or is it better to get one custom made to my taste.

Have a chat to Ralph at Executive Motoring Services to chat about your requirements......don't forget to mention you are a forum member 01634 388999

Hope that helps.

Jim

RalphG
02-01-08, 05:31 PM
Let me guess... its the driver's side of the bonnet that lifts up.

afcbadam
02-01-08, 06:11 PM
yea right along the front its not a lot and nobody could break in to it but now i know its there i always notice it wobbling when driving and its very annoying

RalphG
02-01-08, 06:20 PM
Quite a common problem. The offside catch doesn't always spring back, so the offside of the bonnet lifts/flaps at high speed. To cure the problem remove the offside bonnet catch from the car and then lubricate until it moves smoothly. Replace and voila!

afcbadam
02-01-08, 07:21 PM
where is the catch i thought there was only 1 catch the one where you pust the little handle to open it up i thought it might be that not pulling the bonnet down enough