PDA

View Full Version : Possibly after stainless mani's or a flywheel

Craig-ZS180
04-04-13, 01:36 PM
I am in the middle of looking into a change of car for something just quicker and probably turbod which if insurance purposes works out ok will be an impreza.
However, I keep thinking I really do love the zs but would like a little bit more from her before I make my mind up for sure.
Does anyone have a set of Janspeeds they are looking to part with and then how much if so and the same for a lightweight flywheel please?
The next mods on the zs are the expensive ones hence looking at the impreza option but Im not sure I can part with the zed just yet.

If people have either and have prices in mind I wouldnt mind a pm in reference.

Thanks guys :)

Dan1971
04-04-13, 05:46 PM
Moved to the wanted area mate having read it as you're after things rather than selling.

Maybe not my place - but thought you were saving for a wedding ...

Your car's getting better mate and there are little odds you can get on with that won't smash your savings to bits.

Craig-ZS180
04-04-13, 07:23 PM
I thought I had out it in the wanted section :wall: my mistake there. In honesty buddy as soon as I'd posted it I thought about getting it deleted as wasn't totally sure what I want to do as I'm at that point of uncertainty with the car.

Oh yes we are saving for the wedding, church is booked and paid, venue is half paid and just looking at everything else we need. We have set a budget in mind and we have basically got the money value sorted now just putting bits aside for the possibility of going over that budget.

I'm quite lucky in that my other half isn't too fussed about me doing bits still as she knows that 98% of my saved money atm is going into that fund so I'm allowed to be looking for these bits or other car.
Mainly put it up to see if bits were about really and due to the items not expecting much in the 2nd hand items.

Thanks for the comments about the car though mate, in my eyes though its still not where I want it to be but if it stays hopefully over time will be :)

WalkerDnB
04-04-13, 09:21 PM
I wouldn't bother with a scooby not unless you buy a really quick one
I know someone with an RB5 and its not that much faster then my ZS I think they lose alot of power through the 4 wheel drive system

Id rather buy a leon Cupra R 220bhp standard with potential AND you would sound like an idiot as you drove along :p

To be honest I just dont like scoobys lol

Craig-ZS180
04-04-13, 09:47 PM
That's fair enough Matt, if we all enjoyed and liked the same things it'd be a very boring place. The one I've found and am looking at is an early import running in the region of 325bhp which has been nicely modded. I've always loved them and wanted one but with the mrs only now coming upto 25 insurance has always been the killer for us.
Still atm its all options and will have to see how things pan out.
My mates got a cupra (modded to 210) my zs keeps with it reasonably on rolling start amd beats him from standing start (dmf in his)and now an R and I'm not knocking them but I'm not keen on the power delivery the way they are compared to my older turbos I had a few years back. Great cars and superb engines but just not for me in the money id have to spend though.

bowthruster
04-04-13, 09:53 PM
Craig-ive owned 3 impreza's ,2 x 260bhp and then an import one which was pushing out 330.Loved it to bits,but the petrol usage was really bad,as low as 10mpg sometimes as they (the car)just egg you on to be thrashed if you what know i mean.I would have another one tomorrow,but only as a weekend car,to costly for me to run as a day to day car.Check your insurance as well as imports are dearer and you missus is nearly 25 as well,you'll be paying a bit,but like you said each to there own.

Craig-ZS180
04-04-13, 10:06 PM
Mmm, as low as 10 mpg.?? I know they are a "performance saloon" but hadn't gambled on them being that low. I for one can be easily "egged" on to push the car as and where suitable. Have checked insurance and its doable now whic is why was looking.
That has been my main worry or unknown was running cost wise as knew wouldn't be cheap but it would be the mrs daily car for her running around and my weekend toy between. It's all just in pipeline atm but that is another point I can take onboard now as the sellers always say "yeah mate, not too bad round town really" which you never really know what they mean.
As it stands may end up sticking with the zed and maybe just doing one or 2 more bits to it to in the next couple of months as at least know where I am with that & it does still make me grin.!

Thanks for the input Bowthruster

WalkerDnB
04-04-13, 10:10 PM
Fair enough each to there own mate. Yeah it would be boring if we all liked the same thing.
Ive always fancied something turbo but I wanted a V6 more next Im thinking mk3 astra gsi turbo :p or a house lol

bowthruster
04-04-13, 10:19 PM
The impreza's are great,most enjoyable car ive owned,and im a biker at heart and had a few bikes,and not many car impress me,but the scooby did......But it was the running costs it killed me,you cant but help giving it plenty of right foot,the sound of the boxer engine,and the power....All i can say is if you do buy one be aware of the running costs,dont believe all the crap the sellers tell you........and if you do have problems with the boxer engine,like i did a few times,be prepared to spend a lot of cash.Lovely cars though...if only petrol was back to 60p a litre.....:smile1:

Craig-ZS180
04-04-13, 10:24 PM
This is where my problem is Matt, I've just been down the road to pick a few bits up from the shops and straight away I'm thinking why do I want to get something else as the car does do pretty much all I want it to.
I have rushed into car choices before so don't think I'll be making any rash decisions this time.
Astra gsi turbo would be very interesting as would an old cavalier turbo.. Like those too :)

Craig-ZS180
04-04-13, 10:39 PM
The impreza's are great,most enjoyable car ive owned,and im a biker at heart and had a few bikes,and not many car impress me,but the scooby did......But it was the running costs it killed me,you cant but help giving it plenty of right foot,the sound of the boxer engine,and the power....All i can say is if you do buy one be aware of the running costs,dont believe all the crap the sellers tell you........and if you do have problems with the boxer engine,like i did a few times,be prepared to spend a lot of cash.Lovely cars though...if only petrol was back to 60p a litre.....:smile1:

Probably not the best time for me to go and get one either then really. Never know though at some point down the line I may get one :)

WalkerDnB
04-04-13, 10:40 PM
This is where my problem is Matt, I've just been down the road to pick a few bits up from the shops and straight away I'm thinking why do I want to get something else as the car does do pretty much all I want it to.
I have rushed into car choices before so don't think I'll be making any rash decisions this time.
Astra gsi turbo would be very interesting as would an old cavalier turbo.. Like those too :)

Id love anything with a let engine mate
Always likes 80s/90s cars whether its Vauxhalls/fords/Rovers I dont know why I didnt buy one lol
maybe one day I'll have to buy a cossie :happy:

bowthruster
04-04-13, 10:45 PM
Hmmm a cossie,theres one up the road from me,never seen it driven though,buts its in imaculate condition,bet i goes well!

Craig-ZS180
04-04-13, 10:54 PM
Id love anything with a let engine mate
Always likes 80s/90s cars whether its Vauxhalls/fords/Rovers I dont know why I didnt buy one lol
maybe one day I'll have to buy a cossie :happy:

Hmmm a cossie,theres one up the road from me,never seen it driven though,buts its in imaculate condition,bet i goes well!

Yes, older 80/90s turbos are great imo. I would have another montego any day of the week if it was a clean one. Miss mine loads.
Think will be sticking with the zed and just getting a bit more for now to increase its current grin factor :D

bowthruster
04-04-13, 11:04 PM
I thought it was just me,i prefer the older cars as well,i had a rover sdi v8,which i sold then bought back a fews years later,and i miss my ford capri 2.8 which i had,but my missus says i still live in the 80's,perhaps i do but i dont give a S**T!!Times were great then

DuckFeet
05-04-13, 08:29 AM
ygpm chap. I'll consider removing mine.