PDA

View Full Version : Mk2 headlamp cap + breather retainer

Radiomike
06-04-13, 02:25 PM
I'm struggling to find the part numbers for the following if they are still available, if not used will do if any one has them:

1. 1 x the black plastic cover that seals the hole in the back of the headlamp for bulb access.
2. 2 x the smaller 9mm bore red top hat shaped plastic cap that fits on the hard plastic breather pipe on a KV6 between the front cam cover and throttle body.

Any help appreciated.

petet16
06-04-13, 03:11 PM
The plastic retainers for the breathers aren't available as separate items, they come pre-fitted to new pipes I think, but I'll check.

I'm pretty sure the mk2 headlamp caps have been nla for a long time, (good pocket treasure from breakers) lol.

petet16
06-04-13, 03:34 PM
I've drawn a complete blank on both those items, the drawing for the breather pipes shows a couple if items which might be the retainers, but doesn't identify them.

The headlamp caps aren't even shown.

I'll search some more, see what it turns up.

Ritchy
06-04-13, 03:47 PM
Other manufacturers headlamp caps might fit if you measure up, think they may be valeo units???

petet16
06-04-13, 04:31 PM
It seems that the push fit breather connectors are possibly John Guest Automotive connectors, but it seems that the body is bonded into the cam cover, the easiest solution seems to be finding a breaker that will let you take out the Red bit that you need, they flick out with a small flat screwdriver really easily apparently.

Radiomike
06-04-13, 11:24 PM
The plastic retainers for the breathers aren't available as separate items, they come pre-fitted to new pipes I think, but I'll check.

I'm pretty sure the mk2 headlamp caps have been nla for a long time, (good pocket treasure from breakers) lol.

Thanks Pete and Ritchy, that is more or less what I found. I have the new pipe but it doesn't come with the retainers; I might try my local LR dealer.