PDA

View Full Version : Climate control conversion.

Mathew_ZS
08-04-13, 04:08 PM
Hi everyone, i would like to know if it is possible to convert my normal heater blower set up into the climate control set up.

does anybody know if this is possible and what would be required?

Thanks, Mat.

Smokey
08-04-13, 04:09 PM
It's possible but a big job. Talking cars has most of the info if I remember correctly.

petet16
08-04-13, 04:50 PM
Yes, James (Talking Cars) has done a lot of research into converting to atc, so he would be the person to talk to.

talkingcars
08-04-13, 05:51 PM
It's quite an easy job in a mk2, harder in a mk1.

You'll need the heater box, control panel, the ATC "resistor pack", external temp sensor, dash top temp sensor and the centre console temp sensor (this should come with the control panel).

If you are really keen you can even just replace the controls on your current heater box with the motors that control the flaps if you know what you are doing.

It's then a case of fitting the parts and splicing the wiring, you don't need to touch the air conditioning system.

And if you haven't been put off yet, you need to remove the dash to change the heater box.

There is a guy called Bren on MGZScentral and xpowerforum who has converted a couple of mk2s and quite often has all the parts for sale.

Personally I have started getting ready to install it in my mk1 but more urgent jobs keep coming up.

Enright
08-04-13, 05:55 PM
Here you go: http://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=20213

Smokey
08-04-13, 08:24 PM
Yup, awesome. Rep given. Should this post get moved to the How To Section?