PDA

View Full Version : laptop advice

vanishing days
17-04-13, 12:50 PM
Well after some lovely person stealing my laptop im after a new one ive got around £450 to spend i dont really play online games but i do use photoshop and light room so needs to have a decent size hard drive was looking at this one does anyone have any comments on it or reccomendations for other laptops

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/laptops-netbooks/laptops/laptops/hp-pavilion-g6-2213sa-15-6-laptop-red-18093449-pdt.html#longDesc

cheers
Arron

Captain Peanut
17-04-13, 01:06 PM
I've spent so long working with business laptops that I have no idea what the retail market is like nowadays. HP are OK and I've always had good experiences with Lenovo but again from a business point of view.

I would question whether a 1TB drive is needed though, I've always favored a smaller internal HDD supplemented with external drives for photoshop files and backups. Minimises the risk of losing too much data in the event of a problem. The ad is also unclear as to whether the graphics card has 5GB of dedicated memory or uses the RAM, meaning a possible loss of performance.

DuckFeet
17-04-13, 02:34 PM
I hate to say it as an AMD user but for that money I'd want an i5 processor. I second what peanut said about internal vs external drives. Also gives you the option of looking at a small SSD.