PDA

View Full Version : door rubber seal broken i think??

ZS B19LYB
03-01-08, 07:28 PM
the other day i was getting my car washed as it was so cold that i couldnt be arsed to do it lol well anyway as it was being washed i could hear water drops like they were coming into the car now i think it was getting in from the rubber seal on the window towards the bottom of the window area where the door starts and dropping into the inside of the door so inbetween the actuall door and the door card. any idea if that is right and if it does need replacing where i would find it and how easy it is to replace i am pretty sure it is that as when the window is wet and i take the window down and then back up again the water is still there wheras normally it gets wiped? i no its alot but any help would be appreciated thanks.

KevG
03-01-08, 07:34 PM
........... where i would find it and how easy it is to replace i am pretty sure it is that as when the window is wet and i take the window down and then back up again the water is still there wheras normally it gets wiped? i no its alot but any help would be appreciated thanks.

I get this too!, as for the window seal things they are next to useless, I have asked about replacing them but they are something stupid at £35 or something silly like that per side!!!!

Craig
03-01-08, 07:41 PM
I get this too!, as for the window seal things they are next to useless, I have asked about replacing them but they are something stupid at £35 or something silly like that per side!!!!

+1, mine never clears the water either.

ZS B19LYB
03-01-08, 07:53 PM
i duno i love having a zs but when you get a problem and cant locate parts or parts are just over priced its a b*tch

stamford
03-01-08, 09:04 PM
I don't see the point in those seals, they do absolutely diddly squat! Have been thinking of getting them replaced with a different profile from an extrusion supplier.

arwilson80
03-01-08, 09:39 PM
+1, mine never clears the water either.

Nor mine...

rbull51
04-01-08, 03:13 PM
the other day i was getting my car washed as it was so cold that i couldnt be arsed to do it lol well anyway as it was being washed i could hear water drops like they were coming into the car now i think it was getting in from the rubber seal on the window towards the bottom of the window area where the door starts and dropping into the inside of the door so inbetween the actuall door and the door card. any idea if that is right and if it does need replacing where i would find it and how easy it is to replace i am pretty sure it is that as when the window is wet and i take the window down and then back up again the water is still there wheras normally it gets wiped? i no its alot but any help would be appreciated thanks.

You can hear the water dripping into my doors aswell !!!! I think
its just the way they are... I also have a water leak in my boot, does anybody else have this?

Z Scotland
04-01-08, 08:33 PM
You can hear the water dripping into my doors aswell !!!! I think
its just the way they are... I also have a water leak in my boot, does anybody else have this?
Try to source an extra pair of seals for the back lights and double them up.