PDA

View Full Version : Not a good start to the year for zeds

weagie
03-01-08, 07:56 PM
Seems to be a poor start to the year for a few of us to varying degrees.
I was on route home this evening when my ever careful wife called me to say she had killed my car.:mad: Basically she got home, locked the motor and all was fine until two hours later when the neighbour knocked on the door to let her know the lights where still on. Due to main beam on and freezing temp the battery was stone dead, so much she couldn't unlock the car.
Of course once i was in the bloody alarm went off and all the local curtains started twitching. I now know that when you disconnect the battery it doesnt kill the alarm. luckily another neighbour who is now my best friend wandered over with jump leads to save the day:super: and my wife. So i am now going to buy my own leads and ear plugs incase i have to break into my own car again.

Craig
03-01-08, 08:01 PM
good to know you have decent neighbours mate. At least its sorted now

weagie
03-01-08, 08:03 PM
damn right, i aint got a charger so i could have been an expensive rac call out, didnt bother to sign up for homestart!

R8NMG
03-01-08, 09:00 PM
You should get some beeping noise when you left the lights on unless you totally ignored it.

A home charger is not that expensive. My charger saved me a few times as I don't drive the car much. In this weather the battery is under extreme load.

stamford
03-01-08, 09:02 PM
This time of year the battery will need topping up if not used frequently. Best to invest in a charger.

weagie
04-01-08, 05:51 PM
Thing is the motor is used daily so i better get the battery checked.Mine dont bleep if the lights are left on, didnt think it did that. any particular kind of charger or are they all pretty much the same?