PDA

View Full Version : Misfire?

drewesq
28-04-13, 03:57 PM
My car kind of hiccups when pulling away at low revs - as if low on fuel. I have have changed the spark plugs and HT leads, fuel filter and air filter and squirted a little wd40 in the sensor connectors..

It is still doing it a little but nowhere near as bad. If I put my foot down it doesn't seem to happen, only really in 2nd and 3rd do I notice it at low revs say less than 2500rpms

Does anyone think this just may be incorrectly gapped spark plugs or something more serious?

Thanks

grimmy
28-04-13, 04:42 PM
Is it a 180? If so could be a coil pack failing probably rear bank on the drivers side one .I had very similar symptoms and that was the culprit.water seems to be able to get down there and corrode the coil pack.

drewesq
28-04-13, 05:07 PM
Is it a 180? If so could be a coil pack failing probably rear bank on the drivers side one .I had very similar symptoms and that was the culprit.water seems to be able to get down there and corrode the coil pack.

No it's a 1.6, but it still has 2 coil packs. I think a flat spot is a better description. It just stops pulling for a second then it is okay... It is really annoying!