PDA

View Full Version : Testbook session - what can be done?

Skillen
29-04-13, 08:38 AM
Thinking if I get rear parking sensors and headlight washers ill need a session.
And I may as well get my money's worth from it so what else could be done?
1 touch down passengers windows?
1 touch up?
Nothing at all?

Also, do the parts need to be in place before they can be activated?
I know nothing about the system at all!
Thanks

petet16
29-04-13, 10:47 AM
You could get the auto lock deactivated, if you wanted of course.

WalkerDnB
29-04-13, 10:57 AM
Might be a daft question but What is a testbook session?

Ive never heard of it before

Sent from my GT-S5363 using Tapatalk 2

petet16
29-04-13, 11:09 AM
Just google "rover testbook" all will become clear.

Skillen
29-04-13, 11:13 AM
You could get the auto lock deactivated, if you wanted of course.

I quite like it tbh, just wish it was a bit smarter and deactivated the locks on the passenger pulling the door handle while stationary and when I've reactive red the locks but not turned the engine off to let them out I wish it would still deactivate the locks when I eventually stop the car. The amount of times I've tried to get out with locked doors is getting uncountable! And my passengers love getting locked in when I forget to unlock the door for them!

T4 testbook I think is a diagnostic tool for mg-r/landrover.
Can be used to sort things like putting in fog lights on mk2's ass they need activated through the BCU/or suchlike.

Just want to see what it's capable of with regards to modding!
Be good if you could write code for it and modify the BCU yourself!

petet16
29-04-13, 11:21 AM
i found the autolock a pita when I first got the car, things improved when I discovered you could override it by pressing the padlock button on the dash.

Skillen
29-04-13, 11:39 AM
I'd find it a good feature if it had more than the one feature! It's just not wort overriding it. I'd like it to lock again after letting a passenger out and moving off!

There's gotta be more to the testbook than turning that off.
What else can be done?

red robbo
29-04-13, 04:00 PM
No need for T4 to use rear parking aid, it's plug n play.
Headlamp washers on MKII do need a session though (unless you use manual switching). No passenger one touch option.

Skillen
29-04-13, 04:33 PM
Ahh is that it? Well that's crap! Thought I might be able to get my money's worth lol!
How do the headlamp washers work? Once every 5 squirts?

I'm looking at using a manual button also,
Would that work in conjunction?
Looking at a civic dash dimmer/washer jet switch.

red robbo
30-04-13, 04:59 AM
How do the headlamp washers work? Once every 5 squirt?
I have 'em fitted to my MKII, but not yet activated (too busy sorting out my powerfolds), but I believe every 4th window squirt operates the the headlamp washers. Some cars require the headlamps to be switched on too, but i'm unsure if this in the case with the ZS. Someone who's had 'em fitted from the factory should be able to clear this up.
One wire (black/grey) needs to be fed from the BCU to the relay.
Manual switching is fine. I tested mine via a manual switch, just to make sure they worked before refitting the bumper.

R8NMG
30-04-13, 11:35 AM
I love the auto lock function on the car but as Skillen said I would prefer it to be abit more advance.

One thing I don't like is the drip wipe feature on the wash wipe function. The delayed final wipe usually smear the glass.

Skillen
30-04-13, 11:53 AM
I love the auto lock function on the car but as Skillen said I would prefer it to be abit more advance.

One thing I don't like is the drip wipe feature on the wash wipe function. The delayed final wipe usually smear the glass.

Ahh I quite like that! It took a couple times for me to realise it was a feature though! Thought it was malfunctioning! Ha!

My wipers only smear now as the rain-x coating is coming off! And I think it's on the wipers so a quick clean and reapplication couples with nice weather should hopefully mean no wiper use over the summer!

So the BCU can't be programmed to do much then!?
Shame :/
Might be worth not bothering with the auto headlamp washer function and just wiring it all up to the manual switch.