PDA

View Full Version : 54 Plate MG ZS180 - How much is it worth?

ZS
29-04-13, 01:06 PM
So, just how much is a 54 Plate ZS180 worth?

Spec:

Saloon MK2 Perl Black
83500 odd miles
9 months MOT (19th Jan)
3 months tax (End July)
Alcantara Interior in v.good condition for age, including Rear Headrests
Full Size steel spare
Can supply with ITG Induction or with STD airbox etc
Can Supply with Sheddist Kit or OE Hydraulics
MK2 Alloys, in need of a light refurb, Tyres are all v.good
Stainless Backbox
Brakes all good
I was told the belts were done, but as there is no paperwork to back this up it would be sold as not done.
Last two services were completed by myself (at 6000 mile intervals) but as no paperwork was given to me from last owner there is no service history
Clifford Alarm with Thatcham Cat 1 Certification, with remote start.

Genuine Reason for sale (wish it didn't come to this TBH) Ideally if it got a good sale then I would like to be able to complete this week (seen another car I would, errr, like)

Can easily provide more pictures if required.

Of course if I could find enough money from somewhere to clear a stupid debt I would be keeping this car! (Bloody Ex-Wives....) - So if anyone needs any computer related work done drop me a line as I would prefer to keep the car if I could!

vanishing days
29-04-13, 02:20 PM
Rough guess without the belts dobe 1500-2000

Smokey
29-04-13, 02:23 PM
Sam, don't do it! Pretty much identical to mine and I just washed it two minutes ago. Still wouldn't part with it!

ZS
29-04-13, 03:36 PM
Sam, don't do it! Pretty much identical to mine and I just washed it two minutes ago. Still wouldn't part with it!

I don't want to sell the car, she looks amazing when clean and always gives a damn good ride, but sometimes needs must when the devil vomits in your kettle.

So unless you can think of any way of making a lot of money, relatively quickly to sort my situation out... I'm not sure what else to do - its that cash injection I need (and the banks won't loan me any money at the moment)

tcb 180
29-04-13, 03:38 PM
You wont BE selling it mate. See it as more like giving it away!

ZS
29-04-13, 03:46 PM
Rough guess without the belts dobe 1500-2000

I was thinking it would be worth about that TBH...

You wont BE selling it mate. See it as more like giving it away!

Yes, it does feel like giving it away at the price the ZS's go for these days... but then its a 9 year old car with no manufacturer support, a lot of car for the money though!

POMPSKI
29-04-13, 04:04 PM
My 2004 PB WITH belts done, 32k, cost a mere £1800

Absolutely nothing :(

Dan1971
29-04-13, 07:29 PM
As per pm Sam - Real shame and would be interested if you do decide to sell it on.

daytona365
29-04-13, 07:55 PM
Dont do it...............................

stamford
29-04-13, 07:56 PM
Sorry to hear this Sam, wish I could help.

ZS
29-04-13, 08:14 PM
Dont do it...............................

At the moment its a serious consideration, I don't want to but... Well sometimes I guess you just have to do things you don't want to do.

Sorry to hear this Sam, wish I could help.

Not your fault ;) and I know I have been here before, changed car for something "cheaper" that's then drained tonnes more money and then gone back to the previous car, but its difficult to think of what else can give in these situations.

I've even considered taking on a lodger... but it would have to be someone I know due to the kids and noone is looking at the moment...

Smokey
29-04-13, 10:10 PM
Totally sucks mate. Is there nothing you can use your skills for (homer style) to get a bit more income?

ZS
30-04-13, 05:52 AM
Totally sucks mate. Is there nothing you can use your skills for (homer style) to get a bit more income?

Not while I am a single parent with absolutely no help from any other source, even finding a child minder for half hour is almost impossible it seems...

carmadbaker
30-04-13, 06:25 AM
Sorry to hear about that dude :(
Cant believe (he who shall not be named) lost all the paperwork because there was piles and piles!! Sooooo irritating!
Needs must though, I would guess between £1500-£1800

ZS
04-05-13, 05:30 PM
Well, that's the car gone off with its new owner :'(

I am going to miss the ZS, but needs must and the Volvo is much cheaper to run, 50mpg and half the insurance cost...

petet16
04-05-13, 05:41 PM
It's a pity it had to go, but I hope things work out for you.

talkingcars
04-05-13, 06:53 PM
:)

Cheers Sam

petet16
04-05-13, 07:31 PM
Ah, I get it now:blush:

ZS
04-05-13, 07:52 PM
While I am going to miss the car, I am also glad it is staying on the forum :)

And I will stay around, if I'm allowed! lol

stamford
04-05-13, 09:41 PM
Sam you are not going anywhere! :D

Glad it is staying on here and just up the coast ;)