PDA

View Full Version : mg racing overalls

sean kelly
04-01-08, 06:24 PM
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MG-X-power-sport-and-racing-overalls-driver-mechanic_W0QQitemZ270200405632QQihZ017QQcategoryZ3 13QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

stamford
04-01-08, 06:35 PM
One for the serious enthusiast.................can't justify the cost myself, doubt if my fat frame would get near it anyway! I'm somewhat off my racing weight!

arwilson80
04-01-08, 09:52 PM
Simon Horton... Now that name rings a bell for some reason. :hmmm:

Boot Hill Bandit
05-01-08, 08:42 AM
Yep.......

Used to race the Metro GTi in the British Rallycross Championship........I spoke to him numerous times and following a huge accident at the start of the year where he rolled the Metro and wrote it off........he and his 'team mate' were building up another Metro part the way through the season.

He is moving up to 'modified' or 'supercar' class in the BRDC next year......I do believe it was a Subaru Impreza WRC he had bought hence the need to sell all his MG Rover and X Power stuff.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q270/boothillbandit/THUMBSUPFROMSIMON.jpg

Jim

car13
05-01-08, 09:30 AM
very tempting but need to attend weight watchers to get in them...

grimmy
05-01-08, 10:03 AM
Yep.......

Used to race the Metro GTi in the British Rallycross Championship........I spoke to him numerous times and following a huge accident at the start of the year where he rolled the Metro and wrote it off........he and his 'team mate' were building up another Metro part the way through the season.

He is moving up to 'modified' or 'supercar' class in the BRDC next year......I do believe it was a Subaru Impreza WRC he had bought hence the need to sell all his MG Rover and X Power stuff.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q270/boothillbandit/THUMBSUPFROMSIMON.jpg

Jim
i Watched him roll that car at knockhill this year as well and he spent the rest of the day looking for a cam pulley as one got sheared of in the impact might have a crap pic somewhere

Boot Hill Bandit
05-01-08, 07:49 PM
i Watched him roll that car at knockhill this year as well and he spent the rest of the day looking for a cam pulley as one got sheared of in the impact might have a crap pic somewhere

Yeah when I caught back up with him at Lydden Hill late summer last year he said the engine and gearbox were shagged in the crash too :laugh: I don't think there was much at all he intended on salvaging from the car......so it was really a new build rather than a simpler re shell of his old car.

I was looking at securing the car for a friend to use in next years BRDC (2009) and use this year to practice driving in the car for him. After Simon said it was destroyed though I haven't bothered chasing it and nor has my friends parents.

Jim

arwilson80
05-01-08, 08:41 PM
Did he do well in the Rallycross? If so then it is maybe through Autosport i know the name....

Boot Hill Bandit
05-01-08, 08:49 PM
Did he do well in the Rallycross? If so then it is maybe through Autosport i know the name....

Yes he did. The Metro was usally up against the Pug 205 in the championship.........but the Metro did well as a lighter, smaller and powerfull car......only the numbers of 205's was higher and more the weapon of choice.

Jim