PDA

View Full Version : Bloody potholes!!!

chris01
30-04-13, 08:27 PM
Iv only gone and hit a pothole :( Didn't notice it until it was to late!! It was a big one and I hit it at about 35mph....
Since then my steering has felt rather twitchy and I fell like i have a lot of over steer when going round a bend etc....the car feels very easily led by the contours of the road (more than it should)....The steering wheel still sits centre when going straight and theres no vibration etc at speed????
Its going in the garage Monday (next day off) has anyone got any suggestions as to what news I should be expecting???

peterzs
30-04-13, 08:33 PM
Hopefully just a bit of adjustment and it will be OK again.

Spend more time looking for potholes, than the road nowadays.

Plus I tend to swerve so I dont go down them, can see one day having a crunch where I've swerved too much!!

Hope you get off with no other damage.

grimmy
30-04-13, 08:36 PM
Hopefully just the alignment out but could be damaged ball joint or track rod end.

Dan1971
30-04-13, 08:43 PM
Before I sold the polo my Mrs hit one ... £160 later for a tyre and tracking I was well p1ssed off. And having claimed the council have denied responsibility claiming that after they were informed they took reasonable steps to repair and there was nothing they could have done.

Very angry ....

chris01
30-04-13, 09:01 PM
I wasn't happy at all when I hit it :( I am normally good at swerving them...I blame the missus for distracting me lol
I think I am definatly gonna be needing a tyre...which is annoying as that tyre has only been on the car for 200miles!!! :(

POMPSKI
30-04-13, 09:10 PM
Think I've had the same thing today, the roads are truly atrocious at the moment.

stamford
30-04-13, 09:11 PM
The council do their best to avoid paying out and will blame everybody else. If they get alot of calls regarding the same spot they soon send a team out to fill the hole, so always take photos of the offending pothole as evidence. Not enough is done to accept responsibility for the damage, we pay enough bloody taxes!

POMPSKI
30-04-13, 09:14 PM
There is a retail park in Kings Lynn where I can barely go over the constant holes at 1mph without my missus complaining and the car viciously banging. Think constant sleeping policemen! A nice queue forms behind me by people who do not care :)

Dan1971
30-04-13, 09:25 PM
The council do their best to avoid paying out and will blame everybody else. If they get alot of calls regarding the same spot they soon send a team out to fill the hole, so always take photos of the offending pothole as evidence. Not enough is done to accept responsibility for the damage, we pay enough bloody taxes!

When we did ours we were on the way back from the chippy. By time I went back to it to take photos after having the food, there was a team there doing a temp fix. We were the 6th car to report damage.

The very same area was perm repaired 2 days ago ....

daytona365
30-04-13, 09:26 PM
On a lighter note, working in a parts dept, the potholes near me, are a constant source of sales............The latest Fiestas are great at needing replacing.............WE shift at least 4 wheels a week..........lol.

Ziggy ZS
30-04-13, 09:55 PM
Just a little something to say to Chris, I'm really sorry you've hit a pothole hope you can get it sorted at a reasonable cost too,
Just wanted to be at your mrs defence as she probably has no idea you just blamed her for it, TYPICAL MAN!!!! Lol

Good luck!!!

James Raby
01-05-13, 04:35 PM
There is a retail park in Kings Lynn where I can barely go over the constant holes at 1mph without my missus complaining and the car viciously banging. Think constant sleeping policemen! A nice queue forms behind me by people who do not care :)

That retail park is a joke, goodness knows how all the shops and restaurants get custom!!

chris01
01-05-13, 04:53 PM
Just a little something to say to Chris, I'm really sorry you've hit a pothole hope you can get it sorted at a reasonable cost too,
Just wanted to be at your mrs defence as she probably has no idea you just blamed her for it, TYPICAL MAN!!!! Lol

Good luck!!!

lol, shes knows i blame her for everything, even if shes not there i still blame her lol :laugh:

POMPSKI
01-05-13, 05:33 PM
That retail park is a joke, goodness knows how all the shops and restaurants get custom!!

Yeh, I told the missus next time she wants a subway to take her own car :)

Jono-MG
09-05-13, 08:20 PM
Saw a sticker on ZR at PoL "Not Drunk Just Avoiding Potholes" made me chuckle as people must wonder about my driving on my country roads to work I must know every one down those roads and be all over the place because of them.