PDA

View Full Version : Mk1 ZS180 saloon TY

talkingcars
11-05-13, 01:59 PM
This is just a heads up that I will be selling my MK1 ZS180 in trophy yellow in a few weeks.

Just as an appitizer - MOT until Christmas - fully working but need some TLC - would make an ideal base for a T16 conversion, if it doesn't go I may just do it myself.

I will post full details and photos when I am ready to sell but if you may be interested please get in touch.

stevo90
15-05-13, 10:14 PM
interested :-P, always wanted a saloon.

Dan1971
18-05-13, 03:11 PM
This guy wants a yellow one -

http://forums.mg-rover.org/showthread.php?t=509197

talkingcars
18-05-13, 08:43 PM
Sorry Steve, I don't sell cars to family but can't afford to give her away either at the moment and besides you've got too many broken down MGs and Rovers down there at the moment.

cheers Dan, I'd seen that.

theboynoz
18-05-13, 10:36 PM
How much were you thinking of selling it for? I miss my old TB 120, but would love a TY 180 :)

stevo90
19-05-13, 04:43 PM
ha ha lol, technically two of them aren't mine, :p and my zr is up for sale. seating position is the worst thing in the world.:no:. i am liking your mk2 though, looks very nice in the flesh.

petet16
23-07-13, 06:48 PM
I've reopened the thread as your actively selling, If I've done wrong I'm sure I'll find out soon enough.

stamford
23-07-13, 07:10 PM
Can't see why it was locked before? When looking down the thread list it didn't show a locked icon in the left panel but did when the thread was opened. However I could not unlock it, so no idea what happened there?

M17TT180
23-07-13, 08:04 PM
Ooh I love a good mystery!

talkingcars
23-07-13, 09:00 PM
Thanks Mick and Pete.

talkingcars
23-07-13, 09:57 PM
For sale is my early mk1 ZS180 saloon in trophy yellow.

Externally the car is standard (except for the cut out on the rear exhaust).
Internally the car has been updated with a mk2 interior excluding dash.
Mechanically the car is standard except the brakes.
The MOT expires at the end of December.
This was my daily driver until I bought the mk2, the only reason really that it is for sale.
The mileage is 120k (I bought the car at 56k just over 5 years ago).

There are a few positives and a few negatives.

The front discs are groved.
The rears are standard.
Pads are EBC yellow stuff all round.
The rear calipers were brand new 2 years ago.
N/S front caliper was a refurbished one last December.
O/S front caliper was rebuilt by my garage last year.

A new fuel pump was fitted in the spring.

In April I fitted new spark plugs, HT leads and pollen filter.

I have fitted a Rover 800 interior light which lights up the back seats, there is also wiring for a MGF rear veiw mirror.

I fitted electric rear windows 4 years ago.

Tax until January is available at cost.

Unfortunatly she isn't perfect, if you look closely there are a few age related marks but you have to look for them. 3 of the handles are failing but I will supply replacments that I was spraying up to fit, you can also have the paint.

The engine is the original and runs fine but does leak oil, I suspect this is one of the pipes to the oil cooler. The belts will be due next year.

I will be removing the duplex exhaust (unless you want to pay £400 extra for it) which will obviously leave an empty cut out - sorry.

I moved the battery to the boot 3 years ago to fit a modified induction, however it currently has the standard filter (link pipe and resonator box are in the boot.

I have transfered the standard speakers to my mk2 so currently there are no speakers, however I will through in the infineties that came out of the mk2. There is wiring for a sub.

The tyres are legal but the centres for the wheels were removed and ditched due to one rattling.

I'm sure there is more but at the mo I can't think of it.

I would like £600 but will consider offers, especially if you are willing to take the car before I finish putting back the interior and exhaust.

If I could I'd be keeping her and sticking in a T16 but I already have the maestro, don't have the space or the time.

Finally she is fitted with a Sheddist.

talkingcars
24-07-13, 06:15 AM
Headlights replaced with new ones last year, they are fitted with Phillips blue lighter bulbs which give a whiter brighter light than O/E, side and number plate bulb are LED.

talkingcars
10-08-13, 04:58 PM
The above should say Rover 45 headlights and new bulbs.......

Also the interior is now back in.

I'll negotiate on the tax if it sells the car.