PDA

View Full Version : Just got myself a v6

M100LSN - ZS
24-05-13, 12:38 PM
:wave:

Just gone up to a v6 from my 120 and after some advice plz....

How much is a good 120 worth with 160k on the clock but had a complete rebuild at 113k?

Need a clutch for the v6 :wave:but not sure what i should be getting as ppl are saying standards are rubbish?

The wheels are all badly curbed on the rims and would like to get them refurbed and done white any suggestions where and price id be looking at?? or how hard it is to do yourself??

Back bumper is cracked and i havent found one yet but a brand new bumper for a rover 45 has come up and was wondering if that would fit?

The head lights look as though someone has tried to put a film over them and it is shocking, any ideas on how to improve them or just replace them??

Thanks, zoe:chef:

ZS
24-05-13, 02:10 PM
Hey Zoe... I think I replied to you on Facebook about the clutch kit... But if not then can you confirm if it is a MK2 or MK1 ZS?

I got away with re-bleeding the OE clutch kit for a while, but the proper fix is gearbox off and clean up\re-grease the clutch slave arm, then fit a sheddist kit as well.

If it happens to be a MK1 I have tones of bits in my garage and I can probably send you some headlights at least ;)

While the 45 Bumpers fit, they are different from the ZS (no exhaust heat shield or cut-out for starters)

M17TT180
24-05-13, 05:12 PM
Hi welcome!

If you need bits i'm breaking 2 180's, check out my threads in the for sale section.

M100LSN - ZS
24-05-13, 08:46 PM
Thanks both of you, i need a clutch asap so what other would you suggest???
and ive been told slave cylinder and clutch as it is not selecting gears hardly the pedal is really stiff and the bite is on the floor :-(

talkingcars
24-05-13, 09:12 PM
Nice move.

Not sure what the 120 will be worth, I'd compare prices on rbay and auto trader.

Sheddist kits transform the clutch on the ZS.

James

waynester
01-06-13, 03:36 AM
Welcome to the 2.5L 24 Valve Quad Cam V6 club.. :)

I know many have uprated their clutch, but unless you're tuning & have significantly more power the oe is fine.. at least, I have had no problems..so far! Lol

Unfortunately MG ZR/ZSs are going for criminally low amounts.. I don't think yours with 160k would be more than a few hundred. Whilst the re-build would be a plus point..not sure it would add much value.

stamford
01-06-13, 10:16 AM
It would make it easier to sell to with the work done, not increase the value. OE clutches are more than adequate, no need to uprate unless running high figures, which we don't really. The OE clutch plate is an MGR turbo spec one on the V6 anyway.