PDA

View Full Version : pulling away?

ade-5
26-05-13, 06:23 AM
hi guys just a quick one im not sure if I should be concerned or not, when im pulling away in 1st at normal rpm ect it feels like the clutch is is slipping or maybe drive shaft ect. sorry im not that mechanically minded lol. its had a new clutch 12+ months ago and a lightened fly wheel. never owned a car with a lightened fly wheel so could iy maybe this? cheers

talkingcars
26-05-13, 07:23 AM
To check for clutch slip get up to 30 mph, change into 5th, floor the gas, if revs rise faster than speed then you have clutch slip.

ade-5
26-05-13, 04:06 PM
nope none of that. just feels very strange. only in first gear when pulling away??

ade-5
29-05-13, 08:10 AM
anyone else with any ideas? cheers

ZS
29-05-13, 08:26 AM
Are you spinning your wheels when you pull away???

Seriously though, where are you based? maybe someone would be willing to take it for a spin and give you an idea on what they think it is? :-D

Blade9274
29-05-13, 08:02 PM
Another way of checking is pull the car up facing a curb with front wheels touching the curb lightly accelerate if the clutch is slipping you will feel it, if its not the car should start climbing the curb.

chris01
29-05-13, 08:17 PM
I thought my clutch was slipping at one point...turnt out my front tyres were bald on the inside lol

ade-5
29-05-13, 08:35 PM
lol new tyres on. and pretty sure its not the clutch slipping. its right at the end of the bite oint juat as your about to let off the clutch completely and it does feel like your spinning for a millisecond but no idea.

Dead Eye
30-05-13, 10:32 AM
I actually have the same issue - it feels like a dull judder / throbbing when pulling away in first and second. I'm putting mine down to a dodgy gearbox as I know it has issues. Not sure when the clutch was last changed but tyres are brand new and it did it before the tyres were changed.

In any case, I'll be swapping over the box (again :() when I get some time and money over summer

ade-5
30-05-13, 08:35 PM
same issues! !!! lol im glad im not the only one thought I was going nuts. mine had a recon gearbox around 18 months ago? god knows

ade-5
01-06-13, 11:06 AM
anyone else with any ideas?

bowthruster
01-06-13, 11:08 AM
Is it more of a judder than slipping when pulling away?

Dead Eye
01-06-13, 01:37 PM
That's definitely the case in mine - no slippage at all from the clutch

ade-5
01-06-13, 07:38 PM
yeah ok more of a judder! right at the top of the clutch release.mines only in first gear though

bowthruster
01-06-13, 08:09 PM
Done a quick bit of research,and i couldnt find out one answer,but heres a few i came across.1 could be a engine mount which is causing the engine to judder when pulling away in 1st.2 maybe the flywheel needs a skim.3 Maybe a gearbox seal which is leaking oil onto the clutch plate.These are just some ideas to check out,i could be completely wrong on all of them,but im sure someone should be able to help you or point you in the right direction.

Dead Eye
01-06-13, 09:58 PM
I did a little research on it and couldn't find anything either so just let it be as I know my gearbox has issues as it is. I did manage to pick up a 620ti gearbox today though with the lsd torsen diff :D

andys1981
01-06-13, 10:46 PM
had this in my zr since ive owned it had wheel bearing etc replaced still the same,its like the wheel on lhs doesnt wanna move,when you pull away?