PDA

View Full Version : ZT's

M17TT180
26-05-13, 05:57 PM
Whats peoples opinions on these?

Wanna stay in the mg fold and kinda wanna stay in the 2.5 v6 region

All the mk1 180's on the various sites are either hatchbacks which I don't want or over priced saloons and the mk2's are either too expensive or just plain crap.

Dan1971
26-05-13, 06:11 PM
Nice cars - very solid and far more refined than a ZS. Not as fast - even less frugal if you stick with a V6.

A V6 160 has taller gearing so is a more relaxed cruiser. 1.8T 160 probably a decent mix of speed and economy. 135 diesel is a BMW unit is well thought of and also very tuneable.

Stop messing and just buy mine .... ;)

M17TT180
26-05-13, 06:26 PM
Nice cars - very solid and far more refined than a ZS. Not as fast - even less frugal if you stick with a V6.

A V6 160 has taller gearing so is a more relaxed cruiser. 1.8T 160 probably a decent mix of speed and economy. 135 diesel is a BMW unit is well thought of and also very tuneable.

Stop messing and just buy mine .... ;)

1k is a bit more than I want to spend dan.

maxtherotti
26-05-13, 07:20 PM
Great cars
As said the 190 has lower gearing than the rest of the range (mine still does 30mpg average tho and 34mpg on a run)
not as lively to drive as a zs but loads more comfortable and much more solid
Still have there issues mainly water leaks but loads of info on how to fix

Get one there great
(diesel is ok but its no v6,1.8t is also ok but again its no v6 that suits the car to a t)

Rob

maxtherotti
26-05-13, 07:36 PM
Not sure how far away from me you are but your more than welcome to go for a spin in mine to see how it fits

(oh and if a clutch goes on one of these there a pig to do compared to a zs as they have internal slave cylinders and dual mass flywheels)

Rob
PS do you have any straights for sale? if so i could pop over for em in it for you to try??

talkingcars
26-05-13, 08:29 PM
Whats peoples opinions on these?

Wanna stay in the mg fold and kinda wanna stay in the 2.5 v6 region

The KV6 ZT is far more prone to HGF than the ZS, they have the same vis issues, the ECU drown and they have expensive clutches.

All the mk1 180's on the various sites are either hatchbacks which I don't want or over priced saloons and the mk2's are either too expensive or just plain crap.

My mk1 should be ready shortly.

maxtherotti
26-05-13, 08:34 PM
[QUOTE=talkingcars;308607]The KV6 ZT is far more prone to HGF than the ZS, QUOTE]

How do you work that one out ??
Its the same engine with a bigger cooling system?
They do suffer with oil cooler failurs but hgf is very very rare

Rob

talkingcars
26-05-13, 08:39 PM
I've never heard of HGF on a ZS in the 5 and a half years I've been around them, I have heard of several ZT's, and a recent conversation with Mike of MJS confirmed this, it's normally due to the thermostat leaking and getting worse quicker than on the ZS.