PDA

View Full Version : fiat grande punto 16v

vanishing days
26-05-13, 09:54 PM
I no theres a few guy's in the motor trade on here ive been offered a grande punto 1.4 16v buy a friend its 2008 with 40k miles fsh are there any issues I should look out for?

Supercharged_Z
26-05-13, 10:04 PM
Try a fiat forum?

vanishing days
26-05-13, 10:07 PM
Ive signed up to one but seems to take be taking ages to get confirmed

POMPSKI
26-05-13, 10:14 PM
When they first came out I drove the 1.4 Turbo, great little motor. Wanted something more refined though so bought the new shape Bravo, 150BHP Diesel. Lovely cars, very under-rated.

fastmike
27-05-13, 07:23 AM
Fiats.......like Alfas are great cars ........normally only slagged off by people that never owned one.

Maxxed_Ross
27-05-13, 08:30 AM
My friend had one for a while and it was amazingly quick for what it was. nice inside too

peterzs
27-05-13, 08:59 AM
We have had Punto's for 15 odd years, great little cars, go well, ours are the Selecta, the auto box, for the wife.

Our latest one is a Dynamic 1.2 16v goes very well, no probs with it. Just done the cam belts, found the water pump was leaking. Only issues I have heard is the cylinder head gasket, but like the K series dont have much coolant. So any loss will make the gasket go.

Easy job on the Fiat, think your's would be due, but Google Belt change periods. Check the exhaust, replaced ours, then just normal stuff, tyres, pads etc.

Only other thing that we have replaced was a sender for the oil pressure as that was flashing up a warning of low oil pressure.

We would have another, surprisingly roomy inside.

Good luck if you get it.

:wave::wave::wave:

petet16
27-05-13, 10:22 AM
Fiats.......like Alfas are great cars ........normally only slagged off by people that never owned one.

Much truth in this comment, a bit like MGR really

POMPSKI
27-05-13, 01:27 PM

This is definetly true.