PDA

View Full Version : how much am i going to get if my zs is a write off

chriszs180
07-01-08, 11:13 AM
as above
have it down for 6500 i think.
its a zs180 on a 54 plate with 20000 miles

as for mods i think i only get like for like if they are stolen but need to check that out.....

not looking good at mo at least i can take sound system out and any bits i can get off with out them noticing..

ZS B19LYB
07-01-08, 11:17 AM
i am pretty sure when i was insuring my motor that they said that i would get the amount i put the car was worth if anything happned if not that way then they check what the car would be worth on the market so best way to find out is go to auto trader or something like that to get a valuation of your car

arwilson80
07-01-08, 11:24 AM
I have no idea really, but didn't ZR-Ross get £3600 for the ZR when he crashed it? I'd have though you should get something similar.

Smokey
07-01-08, 01:38 PM
remove as much of the 180 kits from it as possible, especially rear spats as they will get you a few quid...spoiler too?

chriszs180
07-01-08, 01:47 PM
can i remove bits like that or do i have to buy it off them and then i can strip it as the red alcantra seats must be worth a bit as well

Smokey
07-01-08, 02:07 PM
think you would have to buy it off them, but suppose smaller bits may have come off in the accident lol?
someone will confirm this though, never had a write off

al_roverMG
07-01-08, 03:03 PM
Chris my advice is only accept an amount once YOU are happy with it. Dont be surprised if the first offer is a couple of grand. Turn it down and tell them that the car is worth more than that. Personally i would always turn down the first offer.

As for removing bits if the insurance assessor has not yet seen the car then you can take what you like as it does not yet "belong" to them. Once the car is assessed then they technically own the car and so removing bits is theft. Also a word of advise. Make sure anything not being claimed under insurance (sound systems etc) or personal belongings are removed ASAP as if it goes to a holding yard chances are the toerags who run it will steal everything not screwed down. Has happened to a couple of friends of mine.

arwilson80
07-01-08, 03:16 PM
Anyone got any idea if the MKI & MKII radiators are the same?

There's a MKI one with a bad 'tail-end' smash so the rad off it should be OK. http://80.76.198.40/yard/yard.aspx

R8NMG
07-01-08, 03:22 PM
Suggest you speak to DemonPaul over on XPF. He had his 2004 mk1 written off very recently. It will give you some ideas.

Christina - Banned User
07-01-08, 09:57 PM
as above
have it down for 6500 i think.
its a zs180 on a 54 plate with 20000 miles

We got £5625 less £300 policy excess for an 04 04 mk1 with similar mileage to yours.

chriszs180
07-01-08, 10:03 PM
well hoping for 6000 then for a mk2 with all my mods then i can go get a new one or it will have to be a deposit on something new or i dont know....:cry::cry:

Christina - Banned User
07-01-08, 10:04 PM
As for removing bits if the insurance assessor has not yet seen the car then you can take what you like as it does not yet "belong" to them. Once the car is assessed then they technically own the car and so removing bits is theft.

Surely if bits eg. spoiler, spats etc. are removed before the car is assessed then this will devalue the car and a smaller payout will be offered.

You still legally own the car after it is assessed. The insurance company don't own the car until you bank a settlement cheque and hand in the V5.

Christina - Banned User
07-01-08, 10:11 PM
well hoping for 6000 then for a mk2 with all my mods then i can go get a new one or it will have to be a deposit on something new or i dont know....:cry::cry:

Understand exactly how you feel. Very recently went through the same situation ourselves.

http://forums.xpowerforums.com/showthread.php?t=39934&highlight=red+zed+damaged

Hope the link works.