PDA

View Full Version : Janspeed exhaust manifolds kv6/zs180

DuckFeet
05-06-13, 04:27 PM
Removing them next week as I'm not using the car much. Register your interest here! I think they are worth around the 300 mark.

Possibly my oz wheels too.

Smokey
05-06-13, 05:42 PM
I believe Ross Stewart had them fitted but showed very little gains? Does the noise improve though?

talkingcars
05-06-13, 05:50 PM
They won't pass an MOT unless you have a cat or sports cat fitted.

Any pictures of the wheels?

redzed
05-06-13, 07:17 PM
I'm definately interested!

Quadcam24
05-06-13, 08:33 PM
they do give gains but were abouts in the rev range you get the gain seems variable, drews showed very good gains and he has roller graphs to prove.
One of my mates had them and his zs was the most powerful for torque and by some margin, of all zs rollered on the same day in a big group test when we roller'd about 12 at one time.

POMPSKI
06-06-13, 12:18 AM
Why now! Why when my insurance is due!

Dan1971
06-06-13, 06:56 AM
Get the wheels up...

Skillen
06-06-13, 07:21 AM
I'm interested if red zed doesn't have them off you.
They were in the pipeline anyway.

DuckFeet
06-06-13, 08:25 AM
I'm currently on holiday but will post again answer questions, probably at the weekend.

DuckFeet
10-06-13, 10:28 PM
Swapped back to standard today. Took 6hours! Done a few miles since and the sound is definitely worse and there is a bit less torque. I'll get over it. Better they go to a good home rather than sit unused most of the time.

Sound is definitely better with the JS manifolds. More growl and a bit louder. Same increase as the sports cat on a piper catback I reckon.

I believe Ross Stewart had them fitted but showed very little gains? Does the noise improve though?
Maxxed Ross? Him and ross/george are the only guys I've heard saying there weren't gains from them. I felt an improvement when I fitted them, I added heavy wheels too.

They won't pass an MOT unless you have a cat or sports cat fitted.

Any pictures of the wheels?
I think I've only heard of one person fully decatted on a road car, they kept a cat for MOTs.

I'm definately interested!
First! Red got first refusal so far.

they do give gains but were abouts in the rev range you get the gain seems variable, drews showed very good gains and he has roller graphs to prove.
One of my mates had them and his zs was the most powerful for torque and by some margin, of all zs rollered on the same day in a big group test when we roller'd about 12 at one time.
Is this Dave? And you are referring to Blue Harbour? They are his old set! I'd say a nice gain throughout the range.

Why now! Why when my insurance is due!
Sorry! Need to pay of an unexpectedly large credit card bill. Great honeymoon though.

Get the wheels up...
New thread for that if I need the money!

I'm interested if red zed doesn't have them off you.
They were in the pipeline anyway.
Will let you know if Red doesn't want them.

DuckFeet
11-06-13, 09:34 PM
http://i645.photobucket.com/albums/uu178/DuckFeetOi/Car%20maintenance/IMAG0435_zps5da7403d.jpg

Parts list, will label them up when I'm at my PC rather than phone.

Craig-ZS180
11-06-13, 09:53 PM
http://i645.photobucket.com/albums/uu178/DuckFeetOi/Car%20maintenance/IMAG0435_zps5da7403d.jpg

Parts list, will label them up when I'm at my PC rather than phone.

Mmm, looks a very nice piece of equipment..

KevG
11-06-13, 10:40 PM
I bought the Janspeed Manifolds and sports cat from Maxxed Ross, and yes they give good gains, but where on the rev range is anybodies guess, had them on the car from 2009, and they gave a great sound.

Jay-ZS+
12-06-13, 03:28 PM
Do the gloves come with them?

Craig-ZS180
12-06-13, 04:05 PM
I bought the Janspeed Manifolds and sports cat from Maxxed Ross, and yes they give good gains, but where on the rev range is anybodies guess, had them on the car from 2009, and they gave a great sound.

Comments like this make me want a set even more. Still not heard one in the flesh with a set of these fitted.

redzed
12-06-13, 05:35 PM
cant wait to get these on!

sneekyparrot
12-06-13, 07:17 PM
Only time I new I had a full system on was when u nailed it :-))
Not that loud just nice and crisp, although I defo lost bottom end when I removed sports cat and went decat!

SimonMGZS
12-06-13, 08:17 PM
Comments like this make me want a set even more. Still not heard one in the flesh with a set of these fitted.

I have got a full janspeed system fitted to my 2005 mg zs180 it has been on there since 2006 and I noticed a completely difference response to the power through the rev and even the mg dealer who fitted for me noticed a difference

you can come and have a listen if you want

DuckFeet
15-06-13, 09:11 AM
Few tips for Red to help fitting. More detail if and as required!

prep:
3x 2 hole gasket - join collectors to y piece and cat to centre section
1x 3 hole gasket - join mani to cat
2x head to mani gasket - self explanatory
Plusgas and clean up the threads on the manis. They shrieked when I separated them.
Maybe wire wool the flange faces.
New bolts??!

From above:
3x10mm bolt for each heat shield. Easy. Getting the shields out took a bit of jiggling.

I found the bolts came out much easier on a COLD engine. Lots of plusgas but it stinks and throws white smoke everywhere on startup. I thought my gaskets were on fire or just plain leaking.

All rear mani bolts removed with UJ and 1/2" ratchet, maybe some help from the extender bar, from above on the passenger side. Not much variation.

The front were more awkward because of the rad. Remove induction kit and get bolt nearest with the ratchet. You may be able to get the second one too.

3rd from the right is probably easier from underneath. You can get the 4th from the driver's side, with no UJ iirc.

From below:
Split the manis at the joining flange, remove cat.

There's a weird braket thing that's broken on most cars, I think that's 3 15mm bolts first. upside down Horse shoe shaped. This broke (with a little persuasion) on removal of the rear section.

middle two front bolts were undone with a 15mm ring spanner (get comfy before removing those two!). Rear bank comes out first, don't drop this on your face. I tried and it was not necessary nor fun. Then you can remove front collector.

Getting the new collectors in was fairly easy as they split into 3. I cannot remember what order I tightened all the bolts up. I think my front set was attached to y piece, definitely easier to manouever that way that the standard way of rear joined to middle. So rear collector in, front in and join them.

Recheck your bolts after you've been up to temperature as one of mine worked it's way loose. That reminds me, I must check my again while out washing the car.

Enjoy!

Sound is crazy, very raw like an M3 in my limited experience of other cars. I prefer the more muted, refined sound of a ZT. If you go over track noise limits (you shouldn't) I'll link you to a motorbike baffle i got off ebay.

Craig-ZS180
15-06-13, 02:25 PM
you can come and have a listen if you want

Even though I haven't got a set at present I may well take you up on that offer buddy. Only just seen this on your post as for whatever reason I didnt clock the come and have a listen bit when I read it the other day.

Sounds like a good idea to me :D

DuckFeet
17-06-13, 01:12 PM
They are en route!
Car so much quieter and feeling a bit slower to respond to throttle. I think this set of manis get gains at top end, 4K+ anyway.

DuckFeet
19-06-13, 09:56 AM
Courier website shows they have arrived. Let us know how you get on with them.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 4 Beta