PDA

View Full Version : Very true this loved it

Alan.F
12-06-13, 03:55 AM
I know some people really don't understand what I do or why I'm happy spending my weekends in an orange boiler suit resembling an escapee from Guantanamo Bay, but we do what we do because we love it. I don't question stamp collectors either, but I guess they love that too! We all have different hobbies; some are safe, some are considered dangerous and occasionally a tragedy happens that reminds us of this latter fact. I do hope all those at Silverstone at the end of this month stay safe and that we can do some kind of tribute to one of our own who also enjoyed spending his weekends dressed in orange at the side of a race track. In the meantime to all the marshalling fraternity, to those who just love watching it or perhaps you're lucky enough to race too...please stay safe wherever you are. And to those who don't understand...please don't mock or question, just pray that we all enjoy what we do and stay safe enough to enjoy our next race meeting. RIP my orange clad friend.

daytona365
12-06-13, 06:34 AM
As a fellow marshal, I agree with that statement..................:group:

stamford
12-06-13, 07:47 AM
You folk are integral to the sport, hats off to you all and RIP to those that fall doing what they love.

peterzs
12-06-13, 10:46 AM
Yep, without you there would be no racing.

Respect.

RIP, to the latest guy to die doing what he loved.

BUCKYDEVIL
12-06-13, 05:06 PM
Witnessed the Marshall's kindness through love for the job at Knockhill when the day starts off late due to bad weather & the Marshalls agree to work on later to let the drivers get the time in instead of just packing up and heading home for tea.
Great respect for them.

talkingcars
12-06-13, 05:47 PM
Your work is appreciated by many, especially when there is a tragedy as happened on Sunday at the Canadian F1 GP.

Noobrider
12-06-13, 08:07 PM
I always thank the marshalls at the end of an event as without them there would be no event. Top job Alan and I hope that Silverstone allow you all to pay your respects in some way.

ian zs180
12-06-13, 09:18 PM
Yes without you guys there would be no racing . You do a fantastic job hats off to you . RIP to the guy that lost his life at Canadian f1 race