PDA

View Full Version : Successfull Kv6 Plenum Split

ant745
07-01-08, 10:07 PM
Ive just removed my manifold off my 180 and attempted to split the backing off. i managed to get the backing off without breaking any of the plastic and without cutting it. as soon as i have a pic ill upload it.

stamford
08-01-08, 07:25 AM
Now you can see what a pile of crap it is! I've got three in my garage just like that, all totally useless and waiting for me to design a new arm.

I did do some more 3D over the xmas break, but still more work to do, it is hard finding the right balance between material selection, weight and smoothness of actuation. I really would prefer to design a new inlet system and move away from this design, it is so fragile.

arwilson80
08-01-08, 08:49 AM
I really would prefer to design a new inlet system and move away from this design, it is so fragile.

Well this is now 2008 and you have 358 days left... ;)

stamford
08-01-08, 12:32 PM
Well this is now 2008 and you have 358 days left... ;)

Yea............thanks ;)

henocsr
08-01-08, 04:13 PM
good luck mate. if we all fitted supercharger systems wouldnt have the problem

ant745
08-01-08, 07:59 PM
ive refitted it now its nice and quiet. i cleaned it out at work cut the end off the arm so it does not connect to the actuator and fixed the arm holding the vavles shut. basicly its just a normal manifold now apart from the balance valve. i resealed it and refitted it. the noise is gone now and the car runs perfect. might be a littel worse on fuel or something like that but its just temporary till i buy a new one. when i cleaned the throttle out i accidentaly got a bit of degreaser in it somewhere and when i started the car it was running realy rough but with the twin exhaust it sounded realy cool like a v8 and kept back firing. when it warmed up and dried out it went back to normal and wont do it again but it sounded realy cool lol.

Z Scotland
08-01-08, 08:01 PM
No you are right we would have more problems & no money.:ohmy:

Venom
09-01-08, 03:32 PM

Thats the route I'm thinking of going down :hannibal:

Southern Storm
09-01-08, 04:01 PM
Have neither the funds nor the minerals.
Looks gunky in there though. Good work on cleaning it out, any drop in performance?

ant745
09-01-08, 06:54 PM
its made no difference to the performance but its stopped that annoying rattel till i can afford a new manifold. dunno if it will effect ful consuption.