PDA

View Full Version : 40mpg run from a 180

Skillen
19-06-13, 12:10 PM
On a trip from manchester to norwich.

Not bad I'd say!

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh142/cskil/photo_zps0f3c5df9.png

Not speeding and setting off earlier and smooth driving helps and it wasn't stressful at all!
And still overtook with pace when it needed it.

Pleased with that!

ZS
19-06-13, 12:57 PM
If my last 180 did miliage like that (even 28mpg average) I would probably have kept it :)

However I think the main journey I do which is from my house to child minders then to work and same in reverse is not a very economic journey at all!!

Craig-ZS180
19-06-13, 02:08 PM
I believe mine usually gets around 24 - 26 as an average of mostly round town and local area which is a max of 40mph when able to do so.
On a decent run where I managed to keep reasonably sensible for the majority it managed about 36mpg iirc but I'm well used to the fact now that my car is not going to set any records for best consumption ever especially with my usual driving style, not saying I drive like a **** there but I enjoy the car.

If I was to get anything else it'd be an older turbo which in honesty would be roughly the same figures anyway. Never going to get a normal economical car as would be far too bored.

Great figures there on the graphs, forgotten my login on the one I use so still trying to get back on to upload mine lol :D

Alan.F
19-06-13, 03:05 PM
I use to get 50mpg+ from my 180 (But i did have a derv box fitted lol) was a great mod but it ate bearings because of the higher revs

chris01
19-06-13, 03:05 PM
no idea what my mpg is but i consistantly get 300miles to a tank which is good enough for me :) and i have a very heavy right foot lol

Craig-ZS180
19-06-13, 03:35 PM
Before the mods I was getting around 350 to every tank but since then I usually get between 280 - 315 as usual guide.
Still I am happy with the car for the mean time anyway and as I did it wouldn't be replaced by anything more economical anyway.

I don't really expect it to be great on fuel because of what it is and with all makes and models you can put several of the same car along side and they will all be different in ways won't they so I guess some of the 180s will be better on fuel than others.
I would agree with Skillen, I would be extremely happy with 40mpg for a run result in a 180 :)

math0050
19-06-13, 03:38 PM
Quick question, what app is that, looks really handy

R8NMG
19-06-13, 04:05 PM
Quick question, what app is that, looks really handy

Road Trip. There is a free lite version.

tcb 180
19-06-13, 04:22 PM
I managed this on a run down to france in 2004.

Quadcam24
19-06-13, 05:39 PM
chuffingheck i can get that mpg from my car and its 3 litre with 6 cylinders and 2 turbos....i guess thats how far things have progressed.

Skillen
19-06-13, 05:53 PM
chuffingheck i can get that mpg from my car and its 3 litre with 6 cylinders and 2 turbos....i guess thats how far things have progressed.

Gonna have to get a couple turbos thrown on mine then! See what happens!

daytona365
19-06-13, 05:59 PM
but doe mean having to drive a BMW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsdown:

Ritchy
19-06-13, 06:01 PM
I got 23mpg out the sti last tank, its worse this one...not filled up to see what it is though

R8NMG
19-06-13, 06:02 PM
but doe mean having to drive a BMW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsdown:

That's a major drawback

Craig-ZS180
19-06-13, 07:12 PM
Must admit the bmw isn't for me either. When it was released my o/h uncle got exactly the same for his company car with all the extras on it and performance package whatever that gave it.
I drove it and yes, certainly no slouch and lovely inside but not as impressive as you would imagine a twin turbo "drivers car" to be.
Not knocking them at all but I would t have wanted to pay that money new and then feel a bit let down. Obviously the zs is no match whatsoever on paper as it just wouldn't be on the road but its not my cup of tea.
Does show though just how much the modern engines are capable of now though when you'd think it'd be terrible on juice when you give the engine specs.
My old 3.0 bmw when I had it barely managed 32mpg on a run, horrible old thing it was until you went round a sweeping bend.