PDA

View Full Version : daft question maybe .........................but

magpie67
25-06-13, 01:35 PM
when i bought my zs120 it already had a cone filter and a powerflow exhaust.

my question is........on a 1.8 do these actually make any difference apart from soundwise ?

and would it be better to go back to a standard air filter set up ?

your thoughts please :blink:

shcKr-
25-06-13, 01:45 PM
I think a exhaust and cone filter does make a difference however if the cone is in the engine bay without a cold air feed it will suffer from heat soak and be worse than the standard air filter setup.

Craig-ZS180
25-06-13, 01:46 PM
I won't be giving a technical response on this one and other will definitely have more mechanical knowledge than me but I've always though that adding the filter and box at least seems like the car responds a little better, maybe not really noticeably faster or anything but mine in the past have always felt more responsive after doing things.
Exhaust wise you only really notice a difference from doing at minimum a cat back system as it gives better flow but on others I've just had a rear box fitted in the past.
Air filters, heat soak and so on but again on an otherwise standard 1.8 are you going to really pick up on that? Not sure.
If you like the way it sounds and goes at present I'd lave it as is as you'd probably be disappointed of you went to standard as would then be very very quiet compared and won't gain much from doing it.

May be totally wrong with what I've said but theain thing is, if you like the way it is keep it the same of make it better by going to the next stage of mid section exhaust and enclosed air feed or something?

stamford
25-06-13, 02:09 PM
An air filter change is only as good as the installation.