PDA

View Full Version : single or twin that is the question

maxtherotti
25-06-13, 01:50 PM
Hi all
well i have managed to stump myself now
my mk1 180 saloon has a Blue Flame duplex rear system that i fitted to it in 2006 and im not sure if i like it anymore :confused::confused:
I had a xpower rear box on it at first that i liked but then found this duplex so fitted it to the xpower centre thats on it
so what would you guys do ??
Put it back to a single exit pipe (would mean another bumper but thats no biggy or leave it with the duplex (that sounds superb certainly no worse than the xpower that i used to have) ??

Cheers Rob
Pic attached for reference

reaper0709
25-06-13, 01:58 PM
I love the look of the twin personally, I'd leave it as is and save a few bob :)
I'd like to get mine done at some point.

R8NMG
25-06-13, 02:05 PM
Those pipes are poking out abit.

stamford
25-06-13, 02:06 PM
Twin for me, had mine on for around 7 years now and still bloody good! :D

If you decide on going back to a single I'm sure there will be plenty of folk only too pleased to do a deal, especially those in trophy blue already ;) Easy swap.

stamford
25-06-13, 02:07 PM
Those pipes are poking out abit.

Yes, slash cut look better imo.

peterzs
25-06-13, 02:09 PM
I'd ywin it if I had one, wife wants me to twin the derv!!!!!!!!!!!

maxtherotti
25-06-13, 03:03 PM
Should have said the tail pipes are slash cut and fully adjustable so can be as far in or out as wanted
There currently off the car for a clean so will be refitted alot straighter and snug to bumper if it goes back on

Rob

MickUK
25-06-13, 03:40 PM
Twin for me, had mine on for around 7 years now and still bloody good! :D

If you decide on going back to a single I'm sure there will be plenty of folk only too pleased to do a deal, especially those in trophy blue already ;) Easy swap.

Uh huh!

talkingcars
25-06-13, 05:35 PM
Swap for the single on mine, possibly cash your way ;)

mrmick
25-06-13, 05:36 PM
Defo twin for me all the way now trying to find a set for mrs micks zs

Craig-ZS180
25-06-13, 06:41 PM
TWIN..! No contest, keep it as is.! :D

R8NMG
25-06-13, 07:08 PM
Should have said the tail pipes are slash cut and fully adjustable so can be as far in or out as wanted
There currently off the car for a clean so will be refitted alot straighter and snug to bumper if it goes back on

Tuck the pipes back in abit then definitely leave the duplex.

Dan1971
25-06-13, 07:32 PM
Keep it mate....

maxtherotti
25-06-13, 09:18 PM
Swap for the single on mine, possibly cash your way ;)

Whats the single on yours and do you happen to have a tb bumper to throw in with it?

Rob

talkingcars
25-06-13, 10:10 PM
Whats the single on yours and do you happen to have a tb bumper to throw in with it?

Rob

Not sure off the top of my head, came with the car.

No spare bumper, sorry.

maxtherotti
26-06-13, 07:07 AM
Not sure off the top of my head, came with the car.

No spare bumper, sorry.

Ill pass in that case would only be interested in swapping if bumper swap was with it (mine would look daft with the left hole with no pipe)

rickyyates
26-06-13, 02:39 PM
Keep the duplex looks great, should have been a standard fit on the 180,s imo.

maxtherotti
26-06-13, 03:09 PM
Well just been chatting to the Mrs and she also thinks it looked better on a single pipe!
So this is now a what's it worth thread I think

Would be up for a swap with a xpower/piper/scorpion exhaust as long as it came with a tb saloon bumper
Other wise whats it worth in straight sale with the second bumper trim?

Cheers Rob