PDA

View Full Version : Ex259

Maxxed_Ross
03-07-13, 03:33 PM
Due to a multitude of reasons EX259 is up for sale

please spread the word to those who may be interested before sense kicks back in :cry:

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/motorsport/race-cars/tin-tops/mg-sport-and-racing-ex259--chassis-no-sc-01/1513250

Steven11
03-07-13, 03:44 PM
:crazy::yikes: Oh my god. Dont do it, that cars priceless.

stamford
03-07-13, 05:11 PM
A great shame Ross but I can see your point of view on this as such a project can break you mentally and financially. I hope it finds a worthy home.

redzed
03-07-13, 05:55 PM
shame your selling, but your price is way to high in my opinion, the old wsr ones in working order were for sale for less. Theres not much to sort on this and you'll so regret selling it, i say carry on with it and get it running youve come to far

Supercharged_Z
03-07-13, 06:49 PM
what is the price then

petet16
03-07-13, 07:04 PM
what is the price then

30k on PH

sneekyparrot
03-07-13, 07:35 PM
Just can't see it going for that un finished.

Damm shame it never reached the track :-(

petet16
03-07-13, 07:39 PM
A difficult car to value tbh, if you manage to hook up with the right buyer, at the right time it will help, but who knows ?.

peterzs
03-07-13, 08:01 PM
Followed the build from a scrap car to a 95% complete touring car.

Such a shame, but once the loves gone, I bet all Ross sees is a great big white money pit.

Good luck with it Ross, not for us to tell you what to do.

Supercharged_Z
03-07-13, 08:06 PM
jesus 30k? the actual touring cars sold for 20 odd k running.

No matter what this shell will not get that, unfinished cage and rust?

Finish it and enjoy it :)

I cant even sell current race winning btcc touring cars for 35k!

BUCKYDEVIL
03-07-13, 08:38 PM
Sad day Ross but as said car has nearly broke you in many ways.
Really dont see any MG enthuisiast having that kind of mony to spend though,
Truth is most of us buy them as they are so cheap..
I know Dreadnought have been struggling to sell the race ZT for ages,
But do they not have any contacts for you to approach to sell to ?

Mark S
03-07-13, 08:55 PM
Followed the build from a scrap car to a 95% complete touring car.

the thing is, its not anything like a true touring car, its a r400 shell (or as good as a zs) with a nice cage - but does the cage meet fia regs? as the show ZR built by MGR had a cage that did not meet regs and was no good for racing,
a true touring car is massively different to this.

This is essentially a ZS dressed up as a touring car, and not a touring car with a downgraded motor.

Rumour mill has it that the Fiona Legget ZS Touring car could have been bought for as little as 15k (cheaper because it had sustained some damage over time) and the reid (or other straight) ZS could have been had for 30ish-k.
This really puts things in perspective.

The ZS to be competitive needs its money spending first on chassis/suspension, 8-10k would really sort it and keep within regs.

4-5k on a set of forged/mag wheels with a set of tyres - forget single spigot or team dynamics, you need weight loss, not a name.

a serious weight loss programme to get as close to a ton as poss

and last of all, the engine. the nasp v6 should be capable of 300bhp. If you can change the engine within regs, a honda unit nasp could do (1.8) 270bhp or turbo around 700bhp, although its prob only castle combe that would take on such a thing in a series.

Sadly, the ex259 show car doesn't really sit anywhere in a series/championship and furthermore is totally unproven and could easily be outcornered by civic cup cars.

It was was a race leading car and proven in a series/championship, it would have a worth as leading cars command a decent price as long as there is a series to comptete in - sadly the Jack sears trophy for the likes of Chris's Vectra's is strange one when as little as 50k (although 100k+ is more sensible) can buy you a seat in the clio cup, and at least the old nasp clios already have a championship running (this year) where the old cars can retire to, so at least they will keep decent residuals - perhaps more so than the old s2000 cars?

Maxxed_Ross
03-07-13, 11:24 PM
Sometimes I wonder why I even bother posting about my "tarted up Rover 400"

If you don't like the price that's fine. More than that has been spent on it so that's what I want for it. I'd rather set fire to it than give it away.

andys1981
04-07-13, 12:02 AM
your fair enough there ross as marcus sayed mate sad day,if the funds aint there,then sell up,hope it all works out buddy

sneekyparrot
04-07-13, 06:20 AM
Sometimes I wonder why I even bother posting about my "tarted up Rover 400"

If you don't like the price that's fine. More than that has been spent on it so that's what I want for it. I'd rather set fire to it than give it away.

Hi Ross,
Really hope you get what you are after and a quick sale, i know what its like when you loss all interest in a project and just want it gone so u can move onto the next.:thumbsup:

Only bit of advice i could give you if you don't get any bites would be to try and get the motor running, even if its only go a base line map.

I spent best part of 2 yrs trying to sell my last project bike which was 75% done but not running. I had to throw another 1k at it to get the bike running and setup but once it was running it sold in 2 weeks, for more than i had it up for after a couple of blokes started bidding against each other lol.

may have to spread your advert around a few of the magazines thou and why not classic racing mags etc.

Cheers
P.

Mark S
04-07-13, 06:49 AM
may be worth an ad in these two as well?

http://www.racecarsdirect.com/

http://www.motorsportads.com/race-cars/saloon-cars.htm#.UdUasDusiSp

Maxxed_Ross
04-07-13, 07:10 AM
Thanks lads, I'll try those if pistonheads is too quiet.

And I suppose getting it running makes sense, but if I do that I might end up wanting to keep it again

sneekyparrot
04-07-13, 07:31 AM
Thanks lads, I'll try those if pistonheads is too quiet.

And I suppose getting it running makes sense, but if I do that I might end up wanting to keep it again

Haha u Sussed me out already lol 😈

Ritchy
04-07-13, 09:12 AM
Can you not just get it running with normalish stuff the now? Then it at least runs, include all the bigger pipes ect to go with it.

peterzs
04-07-13, 09:24 AM
Do the car museums buy cars?? Or do they only want donated ones??

Just thinking if they would be interested for their collections.

Haynes, Beaulie, Heritage, etc.

Might be interested in one of the last built, British MG/Rover Touring cars.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=motor+museums+in+britain&rlz=1C1CHFX_en-GBGB456GB457&oq=motor+museums+in+britain&aqs=chrome.0.57j0l2.12399j0&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Just a thought Ross.

Good luck with the sale.

Pity we arnt all rich on the Forum and could put in £500 each for our name on the car!!!!

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Steven11
04-07-13, 09:33 AM
Is it road legal ?

Jay-ZS+
04-07-13, 10:37 AM
Pity we arnt all rich on the Forum and could put in £500 each for our name on the car!!!!

There not enough in the forums coffer to make it a site car?! :huh:

stamford
04-07-13, 11:26 AM
There not enough in the forums coffer to make it a site car?! :huh:

That wouldn't buy much!

M17TT180
04-07-13, 12:23 PM
Break it!

Alan.F
04-07-13, 12:49 PM
removed my post to keep the peace

Quadcam24
04-07-13, 04:06 PM
you knew the pile of scrap that was sold him, but you'd have to be fairly stupid to think you can compare it with how it was then, to how it is now.!!
You can't label it now, on what it used to be, otherwise folk who spend fortunes doing old cars up could never sell them , as they would still be selling old scrappers.......even though they have been dismantled bolt by bolt and re built in as new condition.:wacko:

Noobrider
04-07-13, 08:00 PM
all I can say is if my numbers come up I'll buy it, love the history love the journey and would love to finish.....just need the money

Dan1971
04-07-13, 09:10 PM
..... love the history love the journey ......

And that's the point for me ! Provenence

This is a piece of automotive history and someone will have the money for it. All the best with the sale.

Cally180
04-07-13, 09:47 PM
Few harsh comments here..

The guy is looking to sell a car and in his eyes sees a value of such in it.. It's not my type of thing but I ain't going to have a go at the car and criticises it, at the same time I ain't pointing out individuals. Keep the peace and all that..

Hope you get a buyer and someone who values it as much as you do and you get alteast some if not most of your money back and then move onto a new project :)

MG ZS STE
05-07-13, 06:23 AM
Shame you wasn't able to finish this. Have you tried entering your reg number now at we buy any car?

Steven11
05-07-13, 07:18 AM
Few harsh comments here..

The guy is looking to sell a car and in his eyes sees a value of such in it.. It's not my type of thing but I ain't going to have a go at the car and criticises it, at the same time I ain't pointing out individuals. Keep the peace and all that..

Hope you get a buyer and someone who values it as much as you do and you get alteast some if not most of your money back and then move onto a new project :)

removed my post to keep the peace

Have i missed something :hmmm:

petet16
05-07-13, 08:17 AM
Shame you wasn't able to finish this. Have you tried entering your reg number now at we buy any car?

That would be difficult, I don't think it's ever been registered.

Maxxed_Ross
05-07-13, 08:25 AM
It's not even got a VIN number

peterzs
05-07-13, 09:09 AM
Could have a race number.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Maxxed_Ross
14-07-13, 04:58 PM
Bump

Would like to see this go whole before it gets broken up for the vultures to get at.

If the asking price is met before the ad expires I'll throw in my huge Brian James trailer that it fits on perfectly.

Ritchy
14-07-13, 05:02 PM
I think its going to need to get broken to make the price to go quickly if we are being realistic, its a shame but its just waiting for the right buyer

sneekyparrot
14-07-13, 05:46 PM
Oh man hope u get to sell it complete but as said its just getting the right person at the right time.

If u do end up breaking it then give us a shout :-((

P.

BUCKYDEVIL
14-07-13, 08:27 PM
Would it not be worthwhile taking to some big MG shows to advertise it as for sale ?
Never know your luck..
Think you would struggle to get the cash back even with vultures but I would like to see the story come to a nice ending, even if someone else completes it.

Ritchy
14-07-13, 08:31 PM
You buying it marcus? Know you want to

andys1981
14-07-13, 08:40 PM
it would be great to see it sold ross,and see it getting completed,and you getting some cash back for it,good luck mate

sneekyparrot
14-07-13, 08:42 PM
it would be great to see it sold ross,and see it getting completed,and you getting some cash back for it,good luck mate

Here here :-))

BUCKYDEVIL
14-07-13, 08:50 PM
You buying it marcus? Know you want to

If my numbers come up then yeh !! Why the F not...
Probabably wouldnt even complete it..
could make it the worlds most awsome Redbull soapbox racer..

Maxxed_Ross
14-07-13, 09:11 PM
Head needs to start ruling heart I'm afraid. I don't want to sell it but everything else is suffering.

I might end up selling the engine and keeping the shell

talkingcars
14-07-13, 09:23 PM
You are far more likely to get a decent return on the engine due to the number of cars it'll fit.

Jay-ZS+
15-07-13, 11:23 AM
Trouble with breaking it is what do you do with the shell?! Imagine it would be very hard to sell by itself if all the components that you've put so much effort to make and fit are sold separately.

Obviously needs must and all that, hope it all works out for you.

peterzs
15-07-13, 12:35 PM
Pity you cant get a college to make it a term project, for all the student engineers to work on.

Get it running and on track!!!

Maxxed_Ross
15-07-13, 03:36 PM
Anyone want a forged t series then?