PDA

View Full Version : Sad goodbye to my much loved 180

Fred68
03-07-13, 07:18 PM
I've not been on TheMGZS for a while as I've been busy with to many other projects. Sadly I've had to sell my much loved ZS 180 as I no longer have a use for it. My wife was using a VW Tiguan as the do all family car, so the MG had a place as my daily transport. Sadly my wife has decided to trade in the Tiguan for the much smaller Astra GTC. The GTC although nice does lack the space and usefulness of a mid sized 4X4 we were used to with VW. The upshot is I now need the useful car. So the 180 has had to make way for a Freelander. I have decided to get the V6 version so I can still get that 180 engine sound even if performance is somewhat hampered by the extra weight and auto gearbox. I'm a fan of the KV6 so just couldn't let go of it completely.
I'll be about from time to time.
Thanks for such a wonderful forum.
John.

peterzs
03-07-13, 08:05 PM
Dont have to go John, someone else had a Freelander and we heard all about it!!!

Stay around, sure you can help with members questions etc.

:-D:-D:-D

MG ZS STE
03-07-13, 08:12 PM
Yeah stick around. I for one have always found your input to be useful and occasionally humorous :whistle:

maxtherotti
04-07-13, 05:52 AM
not a v6 freelander please
there shocking on fuel (mine was worse than my 4.6 range rover)
the diesel is the better one and can get good power from a remap
not a bad little bus tho so enjoy

good luck
Rob

Fred68
04-07-13, 06:41 AM
Dont have to go John, someone else had a Freelander and we heard all about it!!!

Stay around, sure you can help with members questions etc.

:-D:-D:-D

Oh I'll be about don't worry. I'v started planning a few mods to improve its performance and economy if I can. One mod is showing an improvement but there is still much more to come.

Fred68
04-07-13, 07:28 AM
Yeah stick around. I for one have always found your input to be useful and occasionally humorous :whistle:

I'll stick about, I'm sure I'll have some occasionally humorous comments

stamford
04-07-13, 07:33 AM
Good luck with the new car. Surprised the Tiguan has gone, I had one for a few weeks whilst my Disco was being repaired, found it a pretty good car.

tcb 180
04-07-13, 07:36 AM
Another xpg moved on. I know how it is. Mine went on 23rd June a few days off her tenth birthday and still gleaming.

peterzs
04-07-13, 09:12 AM
Was that a tear drop, on that last post?? tcb!!!

:sorry::sorry:

Fred68
04-07-13, 09:14 AM
not a v6 freelander please
there shocking on fuel (mine was worse than my 4.6 range rover)
the diesel is the better one and can get good power from a remap
not a bad little bus tho so enjoy

good luck
Rob

The V6 Freelander is the best version in terms of power and smoothness of drive, it does 20mpg. I've been using a 4X4 for winter transport for many years. We live in a rural location with a 2 mile country lain drive from the nearest shop so we have to get out no matter what the weather throws at us. I've had many 4X4's over the years. The worst on fuel I'v had was a Pajero which returned under 15mpg with the pace of a snail. My weekly commute is under 80 miles so the Freelander although thirsty doesn't cost to much. Now my wife has switched from the surprisingly thirsty Tiguan to the much more efficient GTC she saves more each week on fuel than I spend so it makes sense to me. I get the pace of a ZS 120 will the practicality of a Freelander all with that lovely V6 soundtrack.