PDA

View Full Version : Bracked O/S DRIVERS WING FACELIFT BODY KIT

Ippon
11-07-13, 11:28 AM
Hi, Well somone reversed into my Zed and I now have a 3" crack - nothing is missing - in the O/S DRIVERS WING FACELIFT BODY KIT (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MG-ZS-MK2-V6-180-DARK-RED-CEV-O-S-DRIVERS-WING-FACELIFT-BODY-KIT-/230970940079?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item35c6f0daaf) ... the paint is also scuffed ....
So here's my Q .... so it defo need repainting, but can the plastic vent be repaired i.e. the crack made good ..... or do I need to buy a replacement?

How easy does the existing vent come off?
Anyone done the repair?

Cheers

petet16
11-07-13, 12:20 PM
It could be plastic welded, a lot of the dent removal guys do plastic welding so maybe contact a few round your area and get some quotes.

If you want to do the repair yourself you can get a specific plastic repair kit, I've used them to repair the plastic bumpers on a zs and can 100% recommend them, could you pop some pics up of the damage.

Mark S
11-07-13, 01:22 PM
q-bond is what many bodyshops use, I have used it on the same part that was in many pieces, still good today.
q-bond is about 8quid.

reaper0709
11-07-13, 01:53 PM
as Pete and Mark said a plastic repair kit -> q-bond is good and fairly cheap for a DIY.

R8NMG
11-07-13, 07:51 PM
My front spat was once cracked when someone hit it. Took it to the bodyshop and it was plastic welded and painted.