PDA

View Full Version : rear reversing sensors

andys1981
14-07-13, 12:03 AM
as my mk2 has had them removed,bought some off ebay,but they are too small,was the 180 fitted with these as standard,have had a look on rimmer bros etc,the ones i bought were 21 mm,too small,but seems the ones i need are maybe 25mm,cant find a measuring tape for the life of me,any ideas,i would rather buy a bumper,but there gonna be rare eh,any info appreciated

Smokey
14-07-13, 06:15 AM
They did them specifically and are defo bigger than the usual ebay ones. I have MG ones fitted to the rear (came with the car) and fitted front ones myself from ebay so I know they are different sizes mate.

Problem will be getting them the same colour. Respray will work but may reduce response on them.

Mark S
14-07-13, 10:15 AM
I had a mk2 bumper that came with 3 sensors and 4 housing adapters, I removed these as I didn't want them, but I did notice that they are stamped BMW, so you may find the old e46 used the same sensors?

MG ZS STE
14-07-13, 11:13 AM
I have MG ones fitted to the rear (came with the car) and fitted front ones myself

Got a pic of the fronts smokey?

Iirc I used a 27mm tank cutter for the rears. I then used a rats tail file to form the pips that stop the sensors from spinning.

petet16
14-07-13, 11:20 AM
I had a mk2 bumper that came with 3 sensors and 4 housing adapters, I removed these as I didn't want them, but I did notice that they are stamped BMW, so you may find the old e46 used the same sensors?

I think your right, the E46 sensor looks exactly the same as does the module for them

petet16
14-07-13, 11:22 AM
Got a pic of the fronts smokey?

Iirc I used a 27mm tank cutter for the rears. I then used a rats tail file to form the pips that stop the sensors from spinning.

27mm they are.

andys1981
14-07-13, 11:40 AM
thanks for the replies guys much appreciated

Mark S
14-07-13, 12:45 PM
I think your right, the E46 sensor looks exactly the same as does the module for them

the module for the mk1 is different (shape) to the mk2.

If you need part no.s, i'll dig the bits out.

petet16
14-07-13, 01:31 PM
the module for the mk1 is different (shape) to the mk2.

If you need part no.s, i'll dig the bits out.

Thanks for the offer, I've got a mk2 set ready to fit, it was just that I noticed the E46 module looked exactly like the mk2 one I've got.