PDA

View Full Version : Here I go again....

Cally180
17-07-13, 09:22 PM
your meant to sing that title :punk:

yip, new car means new project... (real reason for moving the ZS on)

and I've been about it all ready haha!

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa255/CalluM_050/null_zpsfc41a78d.jpg (http://s200.photobucket.com/user/CalluM_050/media/null_zpsfc41a78d.jpg.html)

all opinions welcome haha!

stamford
17-07-13, 09:30 PM
What spec is it, 172? Should be quite a capable car on track, only need three tyres!

Ritchy
17-07-13, 09:34 PM
Spent ages washing out that boot carpet...hahah

Cally180
17-07-13, 09:40 PM
What spec is it, 172? Should be quite a capable car on track, only need three tyres!

it actually does needs 3 tyres haha! ..but I get what your on about! :mml:

its a 182 FF with both cup pack 1 and 2

FF - full fat ( thats Clio chat )

the cup packs have things like air con, cruise control, extra splitters, better suspension, xenon lights and so on..

so a really well spec'd car, had its timing belts done 20k ago, few wee niggles needing sorted, but I now have a company van so this is a weekend toy, this one is to be a fast road / semi track car.

the ZS does well to keep up with the 172, but both 172 and 182 blow it away on the corners.

Cally180
17-07-13, 09:42 PM
Spent ages washing out that boot carpet...hahah

hahaha! that's been my kneeling pad since day one, its served me well Ritchy :police:

Mark S
18-07-13, 06:59 AM
I like these, people rate the 182 as the best of the bunch and say the later 197 was a bit overweight - but by the sounds of it a full fat 182 can't be far behind?
The 197 is prettier, but if the 182 is better on track then you have a very capable car.
Good choice.

the ZS does well to keep up with the 172, but both 172 and 182 blow it away on the corners.

They are very capable, but a (static) solid beam rear suspension, so a ZS that has been setup properly should have the edge through the corners and be able to carry more corner speed. The ZS also has a (fairly) long wheelbase (around 1400) which can help also.

Sadly, very few people bother to set the ZS up properly, like the honda's (look at the civic cup (1.6) lap times and you'll see just how capable these are through the corners) its a dynamic rear suspension, lots of things happen under load, or adverse such as dynamic toe change, camber and even castor changes, this when setup properly can really work to your advantage, but to set this up it needs more than just corner weighting and 4 wheel alignment at the local tyre dealers.

Your clio on the other hand has no (or little) dynamic rear suspension, so it will be setup static and the clio cup series will run either static toe in or out to help heat the rear tyres, but the downside of this is, you are dragging the rear end which is wasting some of those some of those lovely horses you have under the bonnet.

tcb 180
18-07-13, 07:21 AM
My daughter just sold her Phase 1 Sport a rare beaut it was too. Her hubby was fed up that it was too difficult to work on especially when the Aux belt tensioner went and it HAD to go to the garage to be done.

The sale was pressurised by fact that belts would need doing in about two years and the cost of that too.

So she went and got a Mk4 Gsi Astra in Arden Blue. Lovely car, low miles but up to now has cost more blood sweat, tears and money than the Clio would have? Never mind!

BUCKYDEVIL
18-07-13, 07:49 AM
Great little track weapon buddy, I like it.

Dan1971
18-07-13, 03:56 PM
Took a trophy out a while back - 55 plate red special edition with recaros fitted. Awesome little car.