PDA

View Full Version : Just finished bidding on a Torsen B LSD

Skillen
22-07-13, 01:27 PM
I bid up to £150.
Went for £155.
Did anyone on here get it? Didn't wanna pay more than £150.
Not sure ill get one that cheap though really.

petet16
22-07-13, 02:00 PM
Blimey, I didn't know they fetched such strong money.

Skillen
22-07-13, 02:33 PM
Blimey, I didn't know they fetched such strong money.

Shame they do! Lol
I want one! Or two if I can.

Theres one on there for £175 buy it now.

petet16
22-07-13, 02:41 PM
I'll have to dig my spare gearbox out and see what diff it has fitted.

ZRed
22-07-13, 04:55 PM
If its just the diff, ill do you one for £150

peterzs
22-07-13, 05:01 PM
Good offer.

The guy breaking a ZS's, at POL, said that he was asking £350, for the BRM 200 box.

Not very popular with the BRM guys.

Din
22-07-13, 05:50 PM
Bloody hell, I sold a 800 vittesse box complete with steel cage diff bearings for £150 on rt last year.

Most people used to sell the diff for £70.00 ish.... That is if it's just a random guy breaking a car, rather than someone trying to make millions lol.

Skillen
22-07-13, 06:09 PM
Bloody hell, I sold a 800 vittesse box complete with steel cage diff bearings for £150 on rt last year.

Most people used to sell the diff for £70.00 ish.... That is if it's just a random guy breaking a car, rather than someone trying to make millions lol.

That's pretty cheap! Haha.
If I could grab one with steel caged bearings it would be better as i will be doing that too it!

Thanks for the offer ZRed I may hit you up after next month on the offer.

Mine failed its mot today on a scored inner wall of the OSF tyre! That was it and no advisories! So two contisports later (to keep them matching) I'm gonna be lower on cash than I thought I would be.

Din
22-07-13, 06:44 PM
That's pretty cheap! Haha.
If I could grab one with steel caged bearings it would be better as i will be doing that too it!

Thanks for the offer ZRed I may hit you up after next month on the offer.

Mine failed its mot today on a scored inner wall of the OSF tyre! That was it and no advisories! So two contisports later (to keep them matching) I'm gonna be lower on cash than I thought I would be.

Putting bearings on the diff is child's play, and cheap too, have a go yourself If you have the time !

Skillen
22-07-13, 07:08 PM
Putting bearings on the diff is child's play, and cheap too, have a go yourself If you have the time !

If its not that hard ill give it a shot then!
I won't be putting the diff in myself though haha!

Din
22-07-13, 07:36 PM
Do it ! It's only a few bolts lol, I could probably tell you off the top of my head.in fact once the casing is off, I belive it's only 5 bolts. One 12mm, and 4 10mm bolts. The diff just falls out, it's only held in by the bearings, casing and gear cluster.

ZRed
22-07-13, 08:49 PM
drive up, leave it with me, drive it home with a smile. I`d cut you a deal.

grimmy
22-07-13, 08:56 PM
Awesome mod. love my slippy diff.it just grips and grips.

Skillen
22-07-13, 09:16 PM
drive up, leave it with me, drive it home with a smile. I`d cut you a deal.

Cumbria to falkirk?
133 miles :/
hmm,

Massively tempting as I might have you drop on some mani's too ;)
Will have to wait till a couple days off though.